Majesty/in St George can I book a Hamilton excursion?

cruisinreunion

We are traveling on the Majesty the end of September to St George, Bermuda for our first time. Does anyone know if you can book the excursions through NCL from Hamilton or do we need to stick to the ones offered in St George only? Has anyone done the Sunset Sail cruise?? Have you booked anything like this on your own?

You will be docked for three and a half day and can book any excursion you wish. The only consideration would be transportation. The buses stop running I believe around 11 PM so you may have to take a taxi back to the ship. Many people book their own excursions and find them cheaper. The one and three day bus passes are a great deal, however if you book from Hamilton and have to take a taxi back you would want to include that in your price for comparison sake.

Just returned from Bermuda on The Majesty yesterday...

Took a cab from Hamilton back to St. Georges on Wed.. It cost us about $27.

Do some research on the excursions. If you book them yourself you'll save $$$.

We went deep sea fishing (reef fishing) aboard the Jolly Roger out of Hamilton. We walked on with no reservation and it cost us $80 each. If we had chosen the ship's excursion it would have cost us twice that amount!

A three day bus/ferry pass costs about $28 and they do offer one and two day passes.

We are traveling on the Majesty the end of September to St George, Bermuda for our first time. Does anyone know if you can book the excursions through NCL from Hamilton or do we need to stick to the ones offered in St George only? Has anyone done the Sunset Sail cruise?? Have you booked anything like this on your own?

The first time we cruised to Bermuda, we booked the excursions through the ship. They were more expensive than if you booked them yourself but some of the excursions are reserved for NCL only. They guarantee the excursion to the tour operators. So you have to check if the excursion is available for you to book on your own. We always booked the excursion on Friday morning through the ship. That way if the tour runs late, we won't miss the 12 PM departure. If you are on a NCL booked excursion, they will hold the ship until you arrive. Just a little peace of mind for just a little more money. There is a site called BermudaShorts.com that has a lot of detail about the various activities available.:)

You can purchase a bus pass that also get's you access to the ferry system. Whether the cruiseline has an excursion in Hamilton on the day you are in St George is another story, however, you can book plenty of things right at the port. Since there is no rigid time frame to get back on the boat it gives you much more flexibilty.

Also, remember that Tuesday is the craft fair in St Geoge Dockyards and Wed and the street fair in Hamilton. Unfortunately, our ship was in the wrong port at the wrong time to hit those but you can always take the ferry over.

Thanks for the advice, I think we will do just that. We will purchase the bus pass and do most on our own. The only excursion we are doing is the first day Bermuda Island Tour, as we figure this will give us some landmarks to find when we tour on our own. 2 1/2 weeks and go and counting....:D

Thanks for the advice, I think we will do just that. We will purchase the bus pass and do most on our own. The only excursion we are doing is the first day Bermuda Island Tour, as we figure this will give us some landmarks to find when we tour on our own. 2 1/2 weeks and go and counting....:D

I think this is a good idea. It would let you become familiar with the different areas around Bermuda. As you tour, note any sights or places you would like to visit on your own. I also recommend a website calle www.bermudashorts.bm It has a lot of great information about the island as well as activities. Give it a try.:)

We wanted to do that tour --but it is NOT available to Crown cruisers...I am disappointed...as there is no other whole island tour....

Archived