thank you Princess

cabana

They made a credit to our Visa today for the money they overcharged us in April. It's that old exchange rate thing that has been beatin to death. But they credited us today and now I take back all the unkind things I have said about the policy of exchange rate. This proves if you bit@h they will listen.

Kudo's to Princess for making it right.:)

They made a credit to our Visa today for the money they overcharged us in April. It's that old exchange rate thing that has been beatin to death. But they credited us today and now I take back all the unkind things I have said about the policy of exchange rate. This proves if you bit@h they will listen.

Great job and congratulations!:)

May I ask what happened? I read a thread once where they were talking about making sure Princess doesn't convert your charges if you are on a ship that deals with foreign currency. Is that what you are talking about? I was going to try to find that thread again because I don't remember what they said to do so that doesn't happen. Was it a box to check on some paperwork or something like that?? I purposely got a credit card that doesn't charge a service fee for foreign charges so having Princess doing it and charging me just doesn't make sense. If someone can give me the quick version of what to do (or not to do), or point me to the right thread I'd appreciate it. Brenda

If you live in the USA you don't have a problem as Princess charges everything on board in US dollars. You won't therefore need to have anything converted.

The problem occurs for people from the UK when Princess insists on converting their bill from dollars into pounds sterling. This is where we can lose out with the conversion rate and Princess' conversion fee.

We have a credit card with a bank that uses a good exchange rate and doesn't charge a conversion fee, so we instruct Princess to leave our bill in dollars and allow our bank to do the conversion.

If you live in the USA you don't have a problem as Princess charges everything on board in US dollars. You won't therefore need to have anything converted.

We do live in the US, but we will be on a ship that will charge in Australian Dollars, so I suspect we could have the same problem. Hopefully I can avoid it before hand:) Brenda

My story is this. When they charge your bill at the end of the stay it is into US Dollars. And then they convert it at a set rate ( a rate that they set each year ). Well us being Canucks have had a great dollar lately and the US to Can dollar is pretty close now. So the exchange rate is not 25 % or what ever they set it at. We asked for the bill to be left in US dollars and that saves a few percent on each dollar. Because if the exchange rate is ......say 12 % then they are making money off of my money.............. not so good ......... that makes Cabana a no so happy camper. So we checked the box and stop at the Pursers desk a couple times over the two weeks to make sure we would be billed in American dollars,,,,,,, yes Mr Cabana ..No problem is the ask I got on more then one occasion. So they last morning I look for my bill in the mailbox and guess what?............. yep billed in Canadian Dollars........... mad yet nope.......... I go down to the Purers desk and ask for the accountant that is on duty......... We talk she changes the bill into US for me but first I need to Pay the bill on my credit card and then she credits me the first amount................. Ok no problem I say.....let's do that .............. bottom line is that I or should I say we paid extra money that we should not have paid. It was only like 50 bucks but it was the princple of the thing...and it took 5 months for them to pay it back but they did give us slighty more then I had it worked out too.

Sorry I wrote this fast

Cabana thanks for the info, you wouldn't think it would be that difficult, especially since you were on top of the situation. I'm glad you finally got it straight. I hope we can get it right the first time rather than have to fight in the end. Brenda

Archived