Happy 800th Birthday Liverpool - info needed

aclay

Anybody stopped off here by cruise ship before? Where is the port exactly? We will be arriving on the Grand Princess late July 08 where friends will meet us and consequently have been looking at Liverpool port maps - is it the port right next to the city centre??

cheers

Anybody stopped off here by cruise ship before? Where is the port exactly? We will be arriving on the Grand Princess late July 08 where friends will meet us and consequently have been looking at Liverpool port maps - is it the port right next to the city centre??

cheers

I would wait.

Currently the new cruise terminal for TRANSIT ships is on construction.

If you are lucky then it should be next to the city center.

Have you looked already here:

http://www.cruiseliverpool.com/

Do not wonder: they did not updated their websites. I was in May 2007 in Liverpool and the pilot told me that they are waiting for QE2 + Queen Elizabeth II (The Queen + The Queen) to open it (good excuse as they have not finished the work yet...) to have a good occassion. But it was only verbally...

Here you have a map:

http://www.cruiseliverpool.com/default.asp?page=wwm&activemenu=

Regards,

HeinBloed

cheers

Hi the new terminal opens sept 17th, so you should be OK, thanks for your wishes,Regards Scouser

:) City centre is close. you can walk it in 10 or 15 mins or jump a taxi if you are feeling lazy! The Beatles museum, Albert dock, Tate gallery and Liver buildings are all close by,only 5 mins walk. Get the Mersey ferry if you can for a round trip, it also has a commentary and will cost you a few pounds. It's a bit of a building site on the river front at the moment but should be good for next year, fingers crossed!

We had our 800 birthday celebrations last nite and the most fantastic firework display which I could see from my house on the Wirral.

You will enjoy it, we are a very friendly welcoming bunch. If you have lunch in Liverpool then go to the Olive Press in Castle street by the Town hall, my boyfriend is the manager and he used to work on the cruise ships, he'll look after you!

:) I believe it is September this year! It is a bit of a mess down there at the moment because they are extending the Liverpool to Leeds canal so it comes along the waterfront to the Albert dock. Should be good by next year for you. There is so much to see in Liverpool and lots of great architecture. Go to St Georges hall by Lime Street railway station. If it is open it has the most fantastic mosaic floor. The museum and art gallery are next to it and they are impressive too.

:) City centre is close. you can walk it in 10 or 15 mins or jump a taxi if you are feeling lazy! The Beatles museum, Albert dock, Tate gallery and Liver buildings are all close by,only 5 mins walk. Get the Mersey ferry if you can for a round trip, it also has a commentary and will cost you a few pounds. It's a bit of a building site on the river front at the moment but should be good for next year, fingers crossed!

We had our 800 birthday celebrations last nite and the most fantastic firework display which I could see from my house on the Wirral.

You will enjoy it, we are a very friendly welcoming bunch. If you have lunch in Liverpool then go to the Olive Press in Castle street by the Town hall, my boyfriend is the manager and he used to work on the cruise ships, he'll look after you!

Small world Paul Heathcote is a friend of ours, on the food stakes what about a visit to the oldest China Town in Europe, a must do trip to the Philharmonic pub to view the marble toilets, a must do snack, sayers pasty washed down with a shot of yates aussie white at the pierhead, regards

Archived