Seattle Restaurants in Entertainment Book?

att

Will be staying in Seattle for 2 days prior to Alaska cruise on NCL Star 9/15, have a room at Warwick hotel. Have received great ideas from CC.I bought a Seattle Entertainment book (2007,only$9.99-so I thought I couldn't go wrong!) I've just rec'd the book and have no idea whats nearby to where we'll be. There are many areas listed - is it just Seattle proper that I want to concentrate on or some other neighborhood? Plan to do the tourist thing- Pike's Market, SciFi museum, Underground tour, maybe a harbor tour. Anyway I need someone who has the Ent Book to tell me whats near these areas - breakfast/lunch & dinner ideas. Don't necessarily need to be fancy but will look at any suggestions. Thanks a lot

McCormick and Schmicks is on First Avenue, a bit south of Pike Place Market - great fresh sheet each day. Fisherman's on the waterfront is good and it's a good coupon, great view and location, of the 'good coupons' these are the closest to the PPM (Pike Place Market). THe Salmon Cooker is on the waterfront. Sisters European Snacks is at the PPM,

Near the Seattle Center - Quincy's Charbroiled Burgers is at the food court in the center house. Orange Julius too.

Though not in the book I'd recommend Von's at 619 Pine Street, a long time Seattle restaurant. It's across from Pacific Place and near Westlake Center in the heart of the shopping district of Seattle (Nordstrom's flagship store, etc.) You can take the monorail there from the Seattle Center.

Instead of a Harbor Tour I'd consider taking the Elliott Bay Water Taxi over to West Seattle for a great view of the Seattle Skyline. You could have lunch at the fish and chips place there at the dock or walk a block or so south at have lunch at Salty's (expensive).

We are a great restaurant town!

Wish I could have been more help as far as the coupon books goes but ours got soaked through months ago and I only have less then 1/2 the book left!

The city of Seattle isn't a very big area to cover. A good general tour that covers a good area is the Duck Tour (right near the Seattle Center), we haven't done it yet (hard to spend money on a tour in your own hometown!) but it always looks like they are having fun.

As far as restaurants - Seattle is a very international city, there are so many good choices for any type of ethnic food that you can imagine. Are you renting a car or taking a bus or cab? If time permits you should go to Uwajimaya in the International District - they have a great food court and it's an interesting store to look through. The Underground Tour is fun and educational. Although it's gotten mixed reviews, I really like the new SAM Olympic Sculpture Park at the north end of the waterfront.

So many choices......

Oh we can hardly wait, appreciate all the terrific ideas. We'll be taking cabs probably = there are 4 of us. Me and my husband are in good shape and can walk but the other couple don't like to walk alot! Any breakfast joints near the Warwick? I guess even chains but prefer a little coffee shop/deli atmosphere. We're from Atlanta & other folks are from Detroit so we like the diversity of a big city. Thanks ,all the input is fantastic!

Oh we can hardly wait, appreciate all the terrific ideas. We'll be taking cabs probably = there are 4 of us. Me and my husband are in good shape and can walk but the other couple don't like to walk alot! Any breakfast joints near the Warwick? I guess even chains but prefer a little coffee shop/deli atmosphere. We're from Atlanta & other folks are from Detroit so we like the diversity of a big city. Thanks ,all the input is fantastic!

We have great restaurants here but breakfast in the downtown area is one of our week spots. There is a place or 2 in the Market that serve breakfast and otherwise the standard hotel coffee shop or some local "deli's" that do the egg muffin thing. Coffee and baked goods however are on just about every street corner here.

Archived