Time Zones?

Sangela

OK, quick question here. What is the usual protocol for changing time zones on the ship?

I called Carnival and was told that the ship time changes when they cross a time zone, but I also heard, (thru this board) that some ships, especially on short cruises, (4-5 days) won't change while in port.

I"m kinda confused, lol. Booked a shore excursion that I have to meet at 9am *MST*, ship comes in at 8am, but if we stay in PST I will have to change my shore excursion to something leaving later in the day as 8am ship time (if it doesn't change to MST) will be 9am Cabo time.

Does that make sense? LOL, hope so. :o

Help!

OK, quick question here. What is the usual protocol for changing time zones on the ship?

I called Carnival and was told that the ship time changes when they cross a time zone, but I also heard, (thru this board) that some ships, especially on short cruises, (4-5 days) won't change while in port.

I"m kinda confused, lol. Booked a shore excursion that I have to meet at 9am *MST*, ship comes in at 8am, but if we stay in PST I will have to change my shore excursion to something leaving later in the day as 8am ship time (if it doesn't change to MST) will be 9am Cabo time.

Help!

I'm on my 11th cruise with Carnival on Saturday, mostly Caribbean, but one Med and all 7+ days. I've only changed time maybe 2 or 3 times. Generally the ship stays on the embarkation time zone. When they do change there are numerous announcements and it's in the Capers and it's always for the entire day.

Help!

We have had a different experience. almost always clocks are changed to local time with only a few exceptions. To be certain in order to make your land arrangements rely only on info Carnival gives you. However, I would be specific about date and location in my query to Carnival.

good luck

Changing the ship's clocks is a decision made by the Captain. Even on the same cruise line you might find one ship that changes clocks and another that keeps the same time as the embarkation port's time. It's all up to the Captain.

GAH! Makes it kinda hard to figure out if the excursion I booked is going to happen...Thanks for the replies, though, and I guess I will find out when I board. The agency where I booked my excursion was most helpful and said if I couldn't make the 9am excursion they will book me on another one leaving a bit later. (won't be the exact one I picked, but at least they're flexible about it and willing to work with me).

I didn't book thru CCL, as they did not post exact pricing, just the $$$ signs which isn't much help when you want an exact price for the tour you are considering. No real helpful, IMO.

I'm on my 11th cruise with Carnival on Saturday, mostly Caribbean, but one Med and all 7+ days. I've only changed time maybe 2 or 3 times. Generally the ship stays on the embarkation time zone. When they do change there are numerous announcements and it's in the Capers and it's always for the entire day.

I have the same type of concern. Will be on NCL Pearl arriving in Barbados on 12/19/07 at 9 AM according to ship's schedule. I have a tour with Shasa Cat cruises where they say will pick me up at terminal gate 1 at 9:30 AM Barbados time. They also say that ship time is one hour ahead of Barbados time. If this is so, than ship time would be 10:30 for my 9:30 Barbados time pick up. IS THIS CORRECT??? ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE.

Thanks

Archived