golden princess

lngtmecruiser

I'm booked on the Golden for Sept. 23rd. I read all the postings on Cruise Critic on their Reviews by ship name. Have you read the reviews? You really get lots of different opinions and I believe there are good and bad experiences on all cruises. Unless you plan to cancel your cruise due to a bad review, I would just go with a good attitude and enjoy yourself. This will be my second cruise and I'm really looking forward to the cruise experience again. Have a wonderful cruise!

I was on the Golden last year and it couldn't have gone way downhill in just a few months. As the other responder wrote, everyone has their own opinion. I'm not hard to please and just being in a cruise is enough to make me happy so little things like a paint chip here and there or possibly some thread worn curtains somewhere don't bother me. I thought everything on the ship was just fine and the staff as good as any other cruise I have been on.

I am set to travel on the Golden and heard the ship is run down ? is it in poor shape and is the service still good

Hello and welcome to the boards.

The Golden is beautiful. Sailed her last April and she was pristine. A year later, friends report she's still fabulous.

Here's a link to my photos, so you can see for yourself ;) :

Have a great cruise.

Hi lngtmecruiser!

I've been on the Golden twice in the last 12 months - in August in the British Isles and in February South America and I haven't found the ship to be run down at all. In fact we had been on her in 2001 and I found that it was still pretty much in the same shape!!

Of course it can happen that a cabin carpeting shows more wear than another which could cause someone to write a not so great review, but all in all, I think you will not be disappointed.

MC

PS you can check the pictures of the ship from my link below!!

I am set to travel on the Golden and heard the ship is run down ? is it in poor shape and is the service still good
You will love the Golden. It is a beautiful ship and very well maintained. The staff is friendly.

We returned on Saturday from our Alaskan cruise. The ship was in wonderful condition and the staff outstanding. We were on Baja Deck, Balcony room in the aft and I think this is one of the best locations on the ship. Our cabin attendant was attentive, friendly and provided warm service the entire week.

Enjoy and be prepared for a wonderful vacation!:)

The Golden was our first cruise ever in December 2005. The ship itself was in good condition. We did sail on Holland America Dec 2006 (only our 2nd cruise ever) and found that the HAL Westerdam (which was a newer ship than the golden) was much nicer but only because of the difference in cruise lines itself (nice wicker furniture on balcony on HAL vs plastic chairs on Princess) and not because of wear and tear. If I had to compare the two I think that they are both in great shape as far as wear and tear.

I think you will love the Golden - enjoy your trip. We are booked on Princess this December but are trying the Crown only because we liked the island itinerary and would definetly go on the Golden if that was a good itinerary too.

Enjoy..

We sailed the Golden in April and will again in October. The ship is in good condition and the service was pretty good. We wouldn't have booked her again if we didn't think so.

We have pics below in our signature you can look at to see the condition of the ship.

We sailed on the Golden this past spring from SA to San Francisco. The ship was in great condition and the service was excellent. We had new mattresses on the bed. I have back problems and my back didn't bother me once on the entire 28 day cruise. We also had new duvets, towels, and a new shower curtain with weights to keep it from sticking to you.

Archived