blue danube river cruise

brandonjordan

Brandon: if you haven't already done so, post your question over on the "River Cruise" sub-forum inside the "Special Interest Cruises" forum here on Cruise Critic. You are likely to get more responses over there.

We are booked on the Avalon Tranquility in 2008 for a Danube Christmastime cruise, so I cannot help you . . . . . . . . . yet!

Avalon is owned or is part of the Globus family of travel services.

We cruised on THe Tranquility from Budapest to Amsterdam in July.

I posted a long review on here regarding the trip.

This was the best vaction we have ever taken. The ship was brand new and beautiful,the service perfect and the food very,very good.The cabins were 172 sq ft which is very large .They actually have real hotel style beds. It is just wonderful to be able to open your sliding glass door as you cruise.The included land tours were also excellent. This is a true luxury experience and even after 16 days I hated for it to end. It could not have been better.The crew does everything they can to spoil you and see that you have a perfect vacation.

I cannot wait to cruise again on a rivercruise with Avalon and plan on doing their new France cruise scheduled to begin next year.

If you do a search on here you will see my review as well as a couple of others on the Avalon ships.Avalon is owned by Globus and I have taken several land tours with Globus in the past which was one of reasons I chose Avalon. Also wine with dinner is included and flows freely. The daily city tours with local guides are also included in the price..

You will not be sorry if you cruise on The Tranquility.:D :D

Archived