Our First Cunarder

Wadadli1

Too late! We bravely endured some of the notorious Pol Acker!

And all are telling the truth--it is vile, the swilliest of swill. But that's what made it so fun to drink.

And here's the thing--it's just a half bottle, yes? I swear the thing seemed to last forever, and there were four of us sharing it! Or, it just seemed to go on forever....

And all are telling the truth--it is vile, the swilliest of swill. But that's what made it so fun to drink.

And here's the thing--it's just a half bottle, yes? I swear the thing seemed to last forever, and there were four of us sharing it! Or, it just seemed to go on forever....

No champagne?

I thought that was supposed to be a Queens' Grill perk?

Matthew

...on that QE2 trip. Remind me again how I MUST go... PLEASE!!!

No champagne?

Matthew

We had champagne....and more champagne....and even more champagne!

The Pol Acker was brought to the sail away by friends.:eek:

Paul

I asked because I was afraid I'd forget my own little sewing kit. I've since remembered and it's packed, so the only thing I need now is the Men's kit, filled to the brim with safety pins. ;)

I like the gracious offerings that are provided--only thing I make sure to bring is the hair conditioner, because I've got lots of hair and so that can go fast.

We're packed up and all we have to do now is sleep and work a bit until it's time to catch the train to town. Yay!

Angela, They have sewing kits on-board. If I remember correctly, they have nice ones with some sort of QM2 theme and they have inexpensive ones in the little shop. Also, just tell your Steward/Stewardess that you need extra soap, shampoo, etc. and they will make sure you have plenty.

The less you pack the, well, the less you pack. :)

No champagne?

Matthew

We had champagne, and then more champagne. We got Perrier Jouet for the cabin and Korbel for our anniversary. Since our friends were in a Pol Acker cabin we sent them a bottle of Veuve Cliquot to celebrate well, an occasion they were celebrating. They brought that to our cabin the next night and we had still more champagne...not that I'm complaining, mind you.

And just to let everyone know--yes, of course there were plenty of toiletries, I found a teensy sewing kit in a drawer in the closet, but I remembered mine and happily the only thing I used from it was the scissors. Oh, and I used my own hair conditioner but enjoyed the other items. And I nicked the little poufy thing you can scrub with as the one we've got here needs replacing.

BTW, there was no shoehorn! We specifically checked.;) There was a clothes brush, thankfully. We found the accomodations overall quite splendid. Real deck chairs with cushions on the balcony, too, just so you know.

...on that QE2 trip. Remind me again how I MUST go... PLEASE!!!

Sea,

You MUST GO, PLEASE! It's such a pleasure sailing with friends. By the time we get to next March/April we will know half the passengers if we keep it up. :D

Even on the Queen Mary there is still the ambience and tradition, though it feels a teensy bit forced. I can only imagine how wonderful it will be on QE2, which is the real thing. Sea, it's now or never. This is our last chance! You can sleep at home (code talk for we'll all go on an austerity program afterwards, to make up for it)!

PS: I can sort of see (what's wrong with the Countdown Clocks??) you are doing NYC-Cherbourg and Cherbourg-NYC. Which and when? Paulie's got his eye on those for 2009.

Archived