Anyone Heard From Carnival ????

datonamanmike

i think you did the right thing by posting this. when i was on my feb cruise CCL made an itinerary change to my dec cruise. apparently the notice went out to pax by mass e-mail. i never rec'd it for whatever reason. i learned about it on these boards after i returned and contacted CCL. they weren't blocked in my address folder, so we still don't know why i never rec'd it. they re-sent it to me.

but, also, if you sign into your profile and check your cruise (if you have added it to your profile), any itinerary change shld be reflected there. i didn't do this back in feb as a matter of course b/c the cruise was still far off. but, i did do it after reading about it on here. and, sure enough, the itinerary change was reflected.

I think it may depend if you booked thru Carnival or a TA. I'm off on the Liberty on Saturday and heard officially about the change from my TA the day after it was posted on Carnival's web site, never heard from Carnival. Did you book thru Carnival? Just a thought.

We booked through a TA but I specifically emailed Carnival several days ago to check on our port change . . . never heard a peep from Carnival. But my TA did call us Tues night to advise us of the change - - and oddly enough never a mentioned to us if we wanted to cancel due to the change. Now we certainly do not want to cancel but I thought that was protocol to offer it up when this happened. Still no word from Carnival and our reservation still has Costa Maya on it . . . I'm researching things to do in Cozumel and it would be nice if Carnival updated the website to reflect that as our 9/3 port and what time the ship will be in port, etc. Anyone out there have that info?

I think we all need to stop for a minute and realize that Carnival along with all of the other lines out there are trying to figure out how to reconfigure sailings. Not all ships can be in the same port on the same day. I am sure the lines are still assessing their possibilities. Its mother nature - not Carnival. To say I spent $2000 and deserve an e-mail is not taking into account the scrambling everyone is doing. Even while aboard the ship, your itinerary can change and you might awaken to a little note under your door that says - change!

its an itinerary change that was made early in the week

so it been set

im sure they could have sent out mass e mail

they might have for all i know and i just didnt get it

from responces here some even have the new port

on there itinerary on there profile page

i feel left out

realy that tub could go 100 miles out and circle

is good for me

We booked through a TA but I specifically emailed Carnival several days ago to check on our port change . . . never heard a peep from Carnival. But my TA did call us Tues night to advise us of the change - - and oddly enough never a mentioned to us if we wanted to cancel due to the change. Now we certainly do not want to cancel but I thought that was protocol to offer it up when this happened. Still no word from Carnival and our reservation still has Costa Maya on it . . . I'm researching things to do in Cozumel and it would be nice if Carnival updated the website to reflect that as our 9/3 port and what time the ship will be in port, etc. Anyone out there have that info?

whats your ship and sail date? Carnival only has changes for some sailings that leave the 1st 2nd and 3rd. If you book threw a ta your ta will let you know your port changes. if you book directly threw carnival they will send out mass emails to everyone. carnival is open 24/7 for questions like this. ;)

Port Cancellation Policy

If Carnival Cruise Lines ("Carnival") has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary, it will promptly upon making the itinerary change notify passengers of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct booking ("the Notice"). The Notice shall offer passengers an opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty within 24 hours of the delivery of the Notice. Carnival shall not be liable to guests for any charges, fees or expenses paid or owed to third parties (such as air travel booked by a guest directly with an airline) in connection with a cancelled booking or substituted port. In the event a passenger does not cancel his or her cruise on a timely basis, no additional compensation for the itinerary change will be offered to the passenger at a later time.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/port_cancellation_policy.aspx

Itinerary for Legend sailing out of Tampa on Sunday 09/02/07

Sun 09/02/07 Depart Tampa at 4pm

Mon 09/03/07 Fun day at sea

Tues 09/04/07 Grand Cayman 7am untill 4pm

Wed 09/05/07 Cozumel 9am untill 6pm

Thur. 09/06/07 Belize 8am untill 5pm

Fri 09/07/07 Roatan 8am untill 3pm was costa maya

Sat 09/08/07 Fun day at sea

Sun 09/09/07 Tampa arrive 8am

its an itinerary change that was made early in the week

so it been set

im sure they could have sent out mass e mail

they might have for all i know and i just didnt get it

from responces here some even have the new port

on there itinerary on there profile page

i feel left out

realy that tub could go 100 miles out and circle

is good for me

You can be sure if Carnival wanted something (info or $) from us they would track us down pretty quick. I'm not bashing Carnival - - but other ships leaving after ours knew of their port change well before we did (and in my case via this message board even before my TA called). I just emailed Carnival again asking for port times so that we can plan shore activities. They never seem "too busy" to take a new booking so they shouldn't be "too busy" to answer an important question from fully paid passengers. :)

New Itinerary for Carnival Liberty out of Fort L. on 09/01/07

DATE: PORT: ARR: DEP: REMARKS:

SAT 9 /1/07 FT. LAUDERDALE 4:00 PM

SUN 9 /2/07 AT sea

MON 9 /3/07 COZUMEL 8:00 AM 5:00 PM (WAS COSTA MAYA)

TUE 9 /4/07 AT SEA

WED 9 /5/07 LIMON, COSTA RICA 10 :00 AM 6:00 PM

THU 9 /6/07 COLON, PANAMA 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

FRI 9/7/07 AT SEA

SAT 9/8/07 AT SEA

SUN 9/9/07 FT. LAUDERDALE

IMPORTANT ITINERARY UPDATE

AUGUST 28, 2007 - 3:00 PM

We have been closely assessing the impact on our ports of call from Hurricane Dean. For our cruises this weekend, we will make several itinerary changes to replace the scheduled calls in Costa Maya:

Holiday September 1 departure - Progreso will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Liberty September 1 departure - Cozumel will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Legend September 2 departure - Isla Roatan will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Valor September 2 departure - Cozumel will replace the call in Costa Maya

Carnival Fantasy September 3 departure - Progreso will replace the call in Costa Maya

We have made these important changes to ensure that our guests on these cruises will enjoy the best possible shore experience.

All of the other Carnival ships will operate their scheduled itineraries this weekend. We are looking forward to providing our guests with a great cruise vacation.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/Weather_Update08.aspx?wt.mc_id=HhmpgnewandfunCweather

Thanks Carribbeangurl81 - those port times are just the information I was hoping to see. You are more effcient than Carnival or my TA ! We are going out on the 9/1 Liberty cruise so I would have thought we would be in one of the first groups notified of port changes. My TA probably didn't want to give us the chance of cancelling which is why there was no mention of it due to port change, etc. And (although not packed) we are very excited about our cruise on Sat and am sure it will be wonderful.

Thanks Carribbeangurl81 - those port times are just the information I was hoping to see. You are more effcient than Carnival or my TA ! We are going out on the 9/1 Liberty cruise so I would have thought we would be in one of the first groups notified of port changes. My TA probably didn't want to give us the chance of cancelling which is why there was no mention of it due to port change, etc. And (although not packed) we are very excited about our cruise on Sat and am sure it will be wonderful.

Jode your welcome!!;) I do not know what your ta did not tell you this info because it was sent off on tuesday! But im not going to get into that.lol. Carnival is open 24/7 to answer your questions like this. So im not for sure when you called them about this. They do wait till the last minute to send them out just in case something comes up so they dont have to keep sending out new info. But as soon as Carnival finds out new info. they let Carnival people know as long with ta's and if you booked directly with carnival they send out mass emails asap. But I HOPE you and your family(if thats who you are going with ) have a WONDERFUL cruise!!

yeah Thanks a bunch Carribbeangurl81

the times are what i wanted too

my profile still says costa maya

and when i cleck Customer Service and TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

this is what i get

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

AUGUST 17, 2007 - 5:00 PM

an e mail would have been nice

but what the heck im almost

on vaction !!!!!!!!!!!

and

My wife and I recently had an excursion canceled for our upcoming cruise. We didn't receive and e-mail about it yet, and it was cancel 2 1/2 weeks ago. I noticed it as a credit on our card. We rebooked another one and I called and asked and was told that they e-mail at the time of the problem. So you might not get one about that either.

this is what i get

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

on vaction !!!!!!!!!!!

and

yeah i dont know why they dont up date that website. When we had hurricane Dean come, they had the weather from last year up still! lol. but i understand where your coming from. I dont know if they havent changed your profile because thats what its suppose to be or if they even change that part? :confused:

My wife and I recently had an excursion canceled for our upcoming cruise. We didn't receive and e-mail about it yet, and it was cancel 2 1/2 weeks ago. I noticed it as a credit on our card. We rebooked another one and I called and asked and was told that they e-mail at the time of the problem. So you might not get one about that either.

yeah its a automatic thing with the systems. once something cancels the shore excursions cancel also. even if you cancel your cruise of any other reason also it automatically cancels them. and any shore excursion you bked as of right now its going on your sail and sign card. (for the cruises sailing 1st 2nd and 3rd).;)

this is what i get

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

on vaction !!!!!!!!!!!

and

You are logged into the system at carnival.com. Click on log out, then click on home to reload carnival.com. You will then have a link for itininary updates with the ones released yesterday. I have no idea why carnival doesn't fix this issue for those of us logged on.

Archived