Are You Possesive of your Table Chair?

MrPete

I definitely like the same chair each night also. Mr Pete do you also like to have your cash in your wallet all facing the same direction and in order of denomination?

I do that. Mine comes from working retail when I was younger. Even if I get it out of my wallet and it is not all facing the same direction, I fix it before I hand it to the cashier.

My last cruise we were seated at a round table for 10. There were three groups of three. After a couple of nights, our group decided to mix things up a bit. It was obvious that some in the group were uncomfortable being separated from their partners, but they survived. By the end of the week, everyone was back in "their" seats.:D

My mom was just telling me a story about my dad, who is also a creature of habit. We were preparing for a party, so her kitchen, and kitchen table, was rather cluttered. She found my dad, huddled at the end of the table (his usual spot) trying to eat his breakfast amongst all of the stuff that was piled there. Of course, other places at the table had more room, but this was "his spot".:rolleyes:

I definitely like the same chair each night also. Mr Pete do you also like to have your cash in your wallet all facing the same direction and in order of denomination?

No that would be my wife.

I used to do that when I handled large amount of cash where I worked when I was younger, but I broke myself of that habit.:)

Even all my credit cards and club cards are facing haphazardly.:eek:

I would say probably for the most part, I AM TOO!!! I really like routine and am a really bad creature of habit....:o LOL!!! But, when we crusie with friends last Feb, I really tried to swithc sides with them every couple of nights or so (whe had a booth) so everyone could see the dining room verses the door...:eek: It felt kinda wierd, but acceptible....LOL! And it kept the waiter hopping as to remember our names...LOL!:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm the odd one, but I hate it on subsequent nights where you get to your table, and one of your tablemates are sitting in your chair.

Am I alone?

Wow!, I thought it was just me. I like the same chair every night. One night my cousin was in my chair; and I almost had a bird.

Normally we sit in the same chair each nite.

On our last cruise we sat at a rectangular table for eight. The six others

at our table were cruising together. They were a great group and very

friendly to us. After dinner that first evening they suggested we rotate

chairs each evening so that we all could get to know each other.

It worked out very well and we made some great friends. Consequently,

we never sat in the same chair all week.

First to Dinner gets the best seat????

I normally just sit in the same place. On the last cruise I had a great window seat. (even though it was dark everytime we were there) HAHAHAHA. Plus we has this awesome couple from Boston across the table from us. What great people they were... Also had another set of Newlyweds, they were so cool to. Who knows next cruise!

All that and in sequence by serial number, too. Not out of Monk disorder, but because I enter all my bills on wheresgeorge.com to see where they go. It's fun that way.

When I was seated at one of those big round tables it didn't really matter to me where I sat. But this last cruise (on the Fantasy this past month) I had a window seat and I really enjoyed the view. Especially leaving and and entering the Mississippi River. With that, my family and I made every effort to get to dining room early :).

As a lefty living in a righty world my seat choice is very important to me. There are only a couple of spots that I try to grab at a long table, otherwise I am downright uncomfortable during dinner. We usually do a sprint the first night to "claim" our seats and hope we get to keep them each night.

All that and in sequence by serial number, too. Not out of Monk disorder, but because I enter all my bills on wheresgeorge.com to see where they go. It's fun that way.

OT, but me too - one of my bills turned up in Puerto Rico earlier this week.

I prefer to sit with my back against a wall and will choose a seat like that if available. Otherwise, I don't have a strong preference and wouldn't mind switching seats with my tablemates.

I think it is hysterical that people think they "own" that chair for the week! If there are better views from certain seats, I think you should move around so everyone gets the "good seats" at least once! I don't like sitting next to the same person every night anyway!

I agree! I don't understand why people think if they are first to dinner on the first night that is "their" seat for the WHOLE cruise. One cruise we were first to our table and had a nice view of the ocean/sunset, but the second night we were first again, but left the "choice" seats for others to enjoy. It only seems the polite thing to do. Who wants to stare at a wall or the waiters station for the whole cruise because they didn't line up 30 min before dinner.

We now discuss it at the table on the first night and suggest it would be nice to visit with others at the table and get a different view and everyone has agreed. :)

As a lefty living in a righty world my seat choice is very important to me. There are only a couple of spots that I try to grab at a long table, otherwise I am downright uncomfortable during dinner. We usually do a sprint the first night to "claim" our seats and hope we get to keep them each night.

I totally understand! We also have dined with a person who wore a hearing aid and he was more comfortable at one certain spot and we all accommodated his request.

OK your got me. At home all these years I (and everyone else) always had our own chair or spot at the table. It seemed to help when someone would use the table to eat and forget to wipe that spot or if there was mail or a note to pass along to another member of the family. We just placed the note or mail at their place. Growing up no matter what house you visited, the men were always seated at one end of the table with mother at the other end. Maybe that was so that all the children were within swatting range of one parent or the other? :D LOL

I too am a creature of habit and will choose the same chair/seat a lot of times...not so much because I NEED a certain spot, but because I have found that a lot of other do need the security of having the same familiar chair/seat/spot/ect. So not to create a situation I will just sit the same place. Although I have deliberately sat in someone else's chair just to see the response and then say "Oh sorry!" and then moved after seeing the reaction. :eek:

My wife prefers to 'view the room' (people watcher) so I usually accommodate her and give her the 'seat with the view'. Although to tease at times I will select that seat and after the 'look' I will give the seat up to her. Life is fun! She took the 'other' seat one time looking for a reaction from me and I just sat down and stayed there. Her expression was great. She has never done that again! :D LOL

Our last cruise we had a table of 8 and the head waiter sat everyone the first night and every night we always sat in those same chairs. Through out the week the DW and I arrived first, last and in the middle of those arriving and no one ever chose different seats. Go figure.

My money is sorted by denomination with the larger bills placed in the back. My dad taught me that...saying someone else looking can not tell how much money you have on you because all they see is the one dollar bills. ;)

Credit cards are in a certain spot because at my age :eek: doing things by rote is a lot easier and more accurate than having to test my memory as to where did I put it this time?

Don

I haven't received a wheresgeorge bill in a long time!

For all those that insist on taking the same seat at dinner, you give a new meaning to the chair hogs...TABLE HOGS. :D

On our first couple of cruises we stayed in our same seats only because it seemed our table mates wanted to do the same. Then about our 5th cruise we got table mates that suggested we "shake it up" and ever since it has just made sense to move around and get to know everyone and get different views of the dining room.

See i am having a crazy day

When i started reading your post, I said to myself what the h*ll does being a liberal or conservative have to door with seating>> LOL

I wish today was friday

I know what you mean. I like knowing that my chair is open when I come into the dining room. I just returned from a cruise on RCCI and this time I was lucky to just have family sitting at a smaller table. Everyone sat in the same seats as before, so there was no problem. I wonder if I would have this problem if there were others at the table, not from my group...

Archived