Are You Possesive of your Table Chair?

MrPete

Some of you guys need to start living on the edge. :eek:

I agree!!! I wonder if those of you who do the "dinner dash" get to the table at the same time as your fellow diners and fight over the seats?

I've mostly traveled with family or friends and we did move seats. The couple of times when it was just my DH and I we asked if our fellow tablemates if they wouldn't mind moving around.

If asked, would you mind moving if you knew ahead of time?

I love to shake it up and change things. I sometimes look for the person who never changes their seat and perposly sit in their seat. AVOID THE HABBIT!

" Habbits start off as webs, gently holding you in place. Over time they become chains preventing you from experiencing life!"

Words to live by!

Maybe I'm the odd one, but I hate it on subsequent nights where you get to your table, and one of your tablemates are sitting in your chair.

Am I alone?

Congrats on a picking a unique and different topic!

I don't think anyone should have "dibs" on a particular seat because they happened to arrive first on day one. If by chance our table mates were seated in the same spot the first couple of nights, and we arrived first later in the cruise, we would take whatever seats we wanted (as they did the first few nights). We'd probably ask if it was OK when they arrived to smooth things over.

As we usually cruise with our kids, and usually ask to be seated with another family, our kids ususally start off between DW and I and gravitate towards the other kids by the end of the week.

Good topic.

There were 8 of us at our table. Everyone sat in the same chair every night. Me personally, I look forward to the dining room and dont eat to much in the day. So if all they had was the floor to sit down I'm good to go. Gotta have some wcmc. Jo

We get a table for the number of people in our party (4, sometimes up to 8) so we can sit and talk amongst our own family and recount the events of the day.

We also like to maintain the same seating order throughout the cruise, unless someone makes a specific request (i.e. a draft on somebody, someone can't see 'showtime', etc.).

We usually travel with my sister, brother-in-law and my dad. Most times we are at our own table. One time though another couple was seated with us. We arrived first and chose our seats and sat in them the next couple of nights. The third night the couple was sitting where my DH and I had been. We sat where they had been sitting.

The next night we got there ahead of them again and sat in our "usual seats". The wife asked us if we rushed to beat them to the table. I said, no, we just walked in and sat where we usually did. She was really miffed.

Throughout the week we came to realize she thought she was "the Queen" and that everyone should cater to her, especially her husband. Every time I think of her and her antics throughout the week, I laugh.

on a trip to europe, our first, there was a couple at our table who were very loud, you could hear her laugh from the outside.. needless to say they changed seats every night... they wanted to be able to talk to everyone... the couple next to us made us swear not to give up our seats, and they would do the same. it was a race every night to the diningroom.....YES I WANT THE SAME SEAT EVERY NIGHT

Demanding/expecting the same seat every night just because you sat in it on the first night is just as ridiculous as demanding that no early diner sit in YOUR chair that you use for your late sitting, or vice versa.

The seat is YOURS for the entire duration of this night's dinner. That's it!

Those that want the same seat every night, I'm betting that if you were the LAST to arrive at a large table the first night, you would WANT a different seat the next night.

The early worm gets the bird on a night by night basis ONLY!

I thought it was courteous to keep the same seat but if the window is an issue (can't see out at night, anyway) I guess that'd be different.

Some of us old gunfighters hate having our backs to a room too. But if we're late to the table, we just got to put up with the spinal itching.:D:eek::D

I like changing chairs every night. It gives everyone a chance to see the dining room and what is going on from a different angle. Especially on Carnival where there is more going on with the dancing waiters or singing Maitre D' etc. As well as meeting more of the tablemates. Also if you are near the serving station, everyone gets a chance to be in the spot where the waiters are getting ready to serve and sometimes that area is tight and you get jostled. So even though we are creatures of habit is nice to give all tablemates variety.

I do that. Mine comes from working retail when I was younger. Even if I get it out of my wallet and it is not all facing the same direction, I fix it before I hand it to the cashier.

Worked at a bank. Like to keep things organized. Always do that. Will sit in my car at the convenience store and fix them before I put the bills in my wallet

I don't care which chair I sit in but have had tablematesw who do care. I now ask if everyone wants to keep their seats for the week if we do regular dining. We really love anytime dining now, far less drama.

Was at a table for 10 with other single ladies and when we switched seats the waiter mentioned it. We asked if it made it easier for him and he said no, it was no problem, but we decided to go back to our "first night" seats to make it easier for him to remember who was who and our special requests (mine were Lemon Drop Martinis and Espressos with dessert).

Maybe I'm the odd one, but I hate it on subsequent nights where you get to your table, and one of your tablemates are sitting in your chair.

Am I alone?

Yes Pete, it's just you.

Archived