Embarkation in Honolulu and Arizona Memorial

Beffy1167

DH and I are booked on the Serenade of the Seas from Honolulu to Vancouver in May '05. We (and MIL) are hoping to see the Arizona Memorial. The ship is scheduled to leave at midnight.

Here are our questions: Do we need to fly in a day or two ahead of time? Or does RCCL offer a pre-cruise excursion that we can do on the same day we board?

More questions may follow....depending on your answers. Thanks!

There is so much to see and do on Oahu, I would try to go a couple of days ahead. We were lucky enough to go 5 days ahead of time last October and I still didn't get to see and do everything I wanted. My favorite beach in the world in on Oahu, would have liked to spend more than a couple of hours there. I love the north shore and all the huge waves. Didn't have time to see the Cultural Center or tour the Dole Pineapple Plantation. Also would have liked to climb Diamond Head. I didn't do all this and I was there 5 days!!!! I am planning a land vacation and staying at Turtle Bay on the north shore in a couple of years. If you have specific questions, I would be happy to help.

All three of the tours that RCCL offers are 5+ hours in length and do not mention being offered "pre-cruise". I too would recommend that you fly in at few days early in order to enjoy Honolulu, the Arizona Memorial and adjust to the time difference you will encounter. It will make your cruise that much more enjoyable.

I am aware of the information that is available on the RCCL website. Have even been in both phone and e-mail contact with them. But they're not posting any information about cruise excursions for Hawaii in May '05 yet.

I was really hoping to hear from someone who's actually taken this cruise!

Archived