Questions about Curves???

jplewis

Hi all, I have not posted in this site before but have been reading a lot on here.

We have a Curves opening soon in our town and I would like some info. from some of you please. Such as: how much time per day is recommended, is there a joining fee and how much on the average, also, what is the price per month? I realize it may be different in different areas of the country but would just like an idea.

Thanks, Patsy

I have been a member of Curves for over two years. I am a lazy member, so it does not work as well for me as it should. But when I eat what l know I should and follow the recommended 3xweek workout schedule, I continue to lose weight. (imagine that!) I have lost 30lbs so far, and kept it off, I seem to be able to maintain even with frequent indulges. :) Since you are getting a new club in your town, chances are that they will have a nice sign up option. I think they waived the start-up registration fee for me, all I had to do was pay the first month up front. I have it automatically deducted from my checking account, it saved me $10/month to do it that way, and I pay $30ish with tax. And worth every cent. Curves is a different kind of workout, you are done in 30 minutes. They have 8 different hydrolic machines that you follow around the room in a specific order, and while on them you work them as hard as you can for 30 seconds, eacn machine works 2 major muscle group. Then you are directed to move on to the next station, which will be a "recovery station", a wooden pad you just march on, this gets your heartrate back to normal. you switch every 30 seconds, and go around the circuit 3x, then finish up by stretching. Some people skip the stretch, but it is part of the cool down, and an important part of the entire workout. I was told stretching helps increas lean muscle mass, so I never skip it, I want the lean muscle. :) Hope all this helps.

Nanci

There is currently a great Curves thread going..with all kinds of great info. Check it out! I love our Curves and so far..I've lost 18 lbs since starting and a total of 35 libs since May on WW. I also have lost quite a few inches and wear two sizes smaller in clothing..but come to our thread..lots of great encouraging people! Phillis

Thanks Nanci and Phillis. I've been going to Jazzercise for about 2 years and love it but due to back problems must find a new exercise program. I have a cruise coming up in Oct. and know I can lose a few lbs. but won't be really getting in shape.

I'll be back soon.

Patsy

Archived