Anyone done the Biobay tour from the Triumph?

palmtre2

Definately worth the money and the long trip (figure an hour and half)...but on a nice bus! I believe there is an age limit. NOT physically demanding and something everyone should experience before it no longer exsits! MUST be a moon-less, near moon-less or cloudy night. They have cancelled if too "light". You can't see the bioluminous effect.

go for it!

I see you're a newbie to cruising too - the fam & I are anxiously awaiting the 2nd cruise. I love the countdown clocks when you get to about 90 days, but at 213 it agony to look at!!! What itinerary is your Valor cruise??? We did the western carib in March and think we will probably do it again on the Valor. My

DD (9 yrs) loves kayaking so we thought we would try the Biobay tour, I've read on the boards it's a long ride but if the end justifies the means, we're there!!! Thanks for the info.

We went in January 04. It was MLK Day when we were in San Juan, so the rush hour traffic that you would normally have to negotiate through was non-existant. We got to the bio-bay in a little under an hour. They *normally* budget 90 minutes for the trip one-way.

Due to the screwy port times on the Triumph itinerary (5 pm - midnight), the bio-bay is one of the few tours available. The guides are terrific, and it's quite an experience paddling through the mangroves in total darkness, other than the little glow-lights attached to your vests. :eek:

Archived