Honeymoon Celebrity Summit 10/25/04

Hello,
We are taking our Honeymoon on the Summit this fall. I was wondering if anyone has been on Summit or Celebrity for a Honeymoon. DH is worried we will be the only honeymooners, and the youngest people by far (we are 23). IS this true?
Tricia

[color=darkorchid]We have cruised on Celebrity (southern Caribbean) but were not on our honeymoon. I was age 26 at that time. There were several other couples in their mid-late twenties, not many, but several. We enjoyed the company of a couple on their three-week honeymoon from Belgium... we spent the day together in port at Aruba and seemed to keep running into them all over the ship (Galaxy). The cruise week was just one of their stops on their honeymoon.[/color]
[color=darkorchid][/color]
[color=darkorchid]Don't worry about being the youngest - you'll have fun! :)[/color]

[color=darkorchid]What itinerary are you doing? And is it longer than a week? If you are doing something that takes [b]more[/b] than a week, I'd say the number of "younger" people decreases. However, the Caribbean seems to have a higher percentage of "younger" passengers versus other geographic locations.[/color]
[color=darkorchid][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Newlyweds04,
First off congratulations! Fear not, you will not be the only honeymooners on this cruise. We will be celebrating our honeymoon on this cruise also. We are not much older than the two of you, my wife is 29 and I am 36. We also have heard/read that Celebrity cruises tend to be an “older” crowd, however we are not worried about it. Anyway if you have any questions just ask. Take care, Dan & Rachel.

Hi,
My husband and I were married on Celebrity's Mercury, in Vancouver, to Alaska, and there were lots of honeymooners on the trip. We were 22 and 24 at the time and found that the age group was generally older than us, but we didn't feel out of place. There's a honeymooners/anniversary party (with champagne and cake) that the ship puts on, so make sure that you have your travel agent let the cruise line know that you are honeymooners and look in the daily guide for the date and time. If you're sailing outside Alaska then you're probably going to run into even more people your age, as Alaska travellers tend to be, on average, a bit older.

Archived