Thanks for an even better cruise!

TravelinGrandma

Thanks to this board I will have a better cruise and will get a delft tile to boot! After much browsing, lurking, some laughs and a couple of posts, I am benefiting from all of you and ready for Alaska next week.

For instance, I found out I could get my transatlantic trip on HAL back in the sixties count as my first cruise! Made a call to the mariner society and, voila, I am a Mariner! So I look forward to my delft tile! :)

I have learned that my husband's dream to spend most of the day in the cabin using food service for all meals is not only a possibility, but very likely(we will be a bit tired from the tour portion prior to the cruise!).

I know all of the goodies that the Neptune lounge has, and that I probably have access across the hall on the Portside, even though the Ryndam deck plan doesn't show it.

I will be checking out the bible in the room for any left behind soda/wine cards.:rolleyes:

I am bringing the computer, but not to go online (have learned it is $$$ and s-l-o-w), but to download digital camcorder videos and pictures!

I have danced the docdance, grinning in anticipation of the cruise, and am now packing. Good to know I will not be the only one with two suitcases!(Maybe, still working on getting into one, but 50 lbs. adds up quickly!) This would be overkill on our usual landtrips, but the tour and cruise combo seems to call for it.

I have some names of folks to find on the tour, and to meet on the cruise.

What a great board this is and I THANK YOU ALL!!!

North to Alaska!

"S.S. America - 06/1958 - transAtlantic

S.S. Constitution - 06/1961 - transAtlantic

Gripsholm - 08/1961 - transAtlantic

The France - 06/1963 - transAtlantic

R.M.S. Queen Elizabeth - 08/1963 - transAtlantic

Leonardo da Vinci - 06/1965 - transAtlantic"

Wow!! What a great cruising history you have had. The best I've seen on these boards. I'd love just to see your photo albums.

I purchased a Photo Hard Disk. It is a small (about the size of a pack of cigarettes) portable 20 GIG hard drive that reads the memory cards from a digital camera. All you have to do is insert your memory card download your pictures and the reuse the memory card. So no need to carry your laptop just to download your pictures.

Thanks for the tip, but the pictures aren't the problem - it is my husband's digital video camera that may need to be downloaded - He videos everything and will probably need to empty his camcorder at least once (And I need JVC'c software to do that). At Hi res he can take 7 hours worth - for him, on a Denali tour and the cruise? Trust me, I will be downloading his videos! Here at home I have an external hard drive primarily to store his videos, even though we have made the DVD's.

Congratulations you have passed the exam:D

Seriously sounds like you have done your homework and definitely know what to expect now you need to relax and enjoy the wonderful Cruise Tour of Alaska and the cruise it self.

Bon Voyage and Enjoy the MS Ryndam:)

Archived