Good Idea??

kiraryker

I have read that while your on your cruise you have the opportunity to book your next cruise at a discount rate?? This will be our first cruise -we will be on the Destiny and I'm just wondering if that is true and if it is a good idea??

Or better to watch for specials?

I have read that while your on your cruise you have the opportunity to book your next cruise at a discount rate?? This will be our first cruise -we will be on the Destiny and I'm just wondering if that is true and if it is a good idea??

Or better to watch for specials?

Some have mentioned this was an option on certain ships. I was on Destiny last week and it wasnt offered.

You would probably do better going with the past guest rate.

Some have mentioned this was an option on certain ships. I was on Destiny last week and it wasnt offered.

You would probably do better going with the past guest rate.

Do they offer that past guest rate often or only once a year? If so when is the best time to watch for it??

I tried to get more information on a special that was offered on our recent sailing on The Legend. It was confusing so I went to The Purser's desk to get help clarifying how it worked. I understand that most are non-Americans & I've never had a problem communicating with anyone on ship but the girl that was trying to help me was unable to explain it to me. I don't remember where she was from. I finally just gave up. The paper made it sound as if you could pay a $100.00 deposit then have up until 18 months to book the sail date. When you booked you got $100.00 ship board credit. The way she explained it was that the $100.00 was what you paid & was not the deposit & that you got $100.00 ship board credit. I finally said if I am paying you $100.00 & it's not part of the deposit what is the benefit to pay you $100.00 to get back a credit on board at a later date?

I know this is probably not how it worked but it is how it was explained to me. If it was to be some kind of special they need to better train the purser's depatrment in how to explain it.

Do they offer that past guest rate often or only once a year? If so when is the best time to watch for it??

Yes, there is almost always a past guest code out there that you can use on certain sailings. It normally good for upgrades or OBC.

I tried to get more information on a special that was offered on our recent sailing on The Legend. It was confusing so I went to The Purser's desk to get help clarifying how it worked. I understand that most are non-Americans & I've never had a problem communicating with anyone on ship but the girl that was trying to help me was unable to explain it to me. I don't remember where she was from. I finally just gave up. The paper made it sound as if you could pay a $100.00 deposit then have up until 18 months to book the sail date. When you booked you got $100.00 ship board credit. The way she explained it was that the $100.00 was what you paid & was not the deposit & that you got $100.00 ship board credit. I finally said if I am paying you $100.00 & it's not part of the deposit what is the benefit to pay you $100.00 to get back a credit on board at a later date?

I know this is probably not how it worked but it is how it was explained to me. If it was to be some kind of special they need to better train the purser's depatrment in how to explain it.

This thread might help

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=605474&highlight=FUTURE

It sounds like the $100 is a deposit plus you get $100 OBC

This thread might help

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=605474&highlight=FUTURE

It sounds like the $100 is a deposit plus you get $100 OBC

That's the way it sounded but not how the girl at The Purser's Desk explained it. I was all ready to do it till talking to her. After that I was not sure what I would be getting so I gave up trying to find out. There was another purser close by while this was going on. You would think someone else may have offered an explanation when they could tell I wasn't understanding what the girl was trying to tell my.

Oh well, I will just have to rely on my PVP to keep me updated on the next one I'll book with Carnival.

Archived