Just Received Docs!!! :)

BudNBailey

Ok, this is our first cruise. We are on Royal Caribbean, Vision of the Seas, sailing to Alaska on Sept 3 from Vancouver.

WHAT DO I NEED TO CHECK ON THE DOCS????

I would love some advice on this so I don't miss anything important.

BJ-signed up for Meet and Mingle, only 6 of us. Maybe we can meet up for drinks on board the ship if we don't reach 25.

Verify all passenger names are spelled correctly, the cabin number is the one you expected, the date is correct, if it lists the port that it's the one you expected, the dinner time you wanted is correct, if you already signed up for excursions (and if they show on your documents) that they are correct, if you requested pre and/or post cruise transportation to the airport that is correct, you received luggage tags for all your bags, if it shows your passport number that it is correct. Those are the biggies that I check.

We cruised on the Vision of the Seas a few years ago and had a wonderful time. It's a beautiful ship, you will have a good time. We leave on 9/4 for Alaska on the Diamond Princess (decided to try a different cruise line this time). I checked our itineraries and it doesn't look like we cross paths so I won't be able to wave to you. ;)

Have a great trip!

Lynn

BudNBaily:

Slightly off topic.

Since this is going to be your first cruise, don't forget to pack a power strip & extention cord. Also pack a large plastic tumbler for each person to fill up on iced tea during the day. That is unless you like paying the ship's expensive soda/beer prices.

Archived