Prince Edward Island - Best Itinerary?

Does anyone have any input on which is the best itinerary to get the most time/best location on being at Prince Edward Island. My boyfriend and I are considering a New England/Canada cruise as our next cruise (providing we like our first), and this is one spot we really want to go to. How early/late in the summer season do they stop in PEI? Thanks for your help!

Does anyone have any input on which is the best itinerary to get the most time/best location on being at Prince Edward Island. My boyfriend and I are considering a New England/Canada cruise as our next cruise (providing we like our first), and this is one spot we really want to go to. How early/late in the summer season do they stop in PEI? Thanks for your help!

I’m not sure which cruise line offers the most time in port but I assume most would have several hours. I think there are some lines that sail here into late October. The majority of the tourist type attractions shut around mid September, but I would imagine most of the tours available through the ship would be available, though adjusted, until they finish sailing here. I would suggest sailing in July or August to see PEI at it’s best, but no earlier then mid-May and no later then mid-September.

I think most lines would offer similar excursions, I have checked out a few that Celebrity has available and here are my thoughts:

If you like to just sit back and enjoy the view while getting a taste of the Island and learn something about PEI and it's history, I'd suggest the Panoramic Island Drive. And maybe you are an Anne of Green Gables fan, there are usually plenty of "Anneland" tours available through the ship and otherwise.

The double decker bus tours (available through the ship and otherwise) or walking tours would be great to take if you want to learn a bit about PEI and it's history then have time to wander around the city, walk along the harbourfront boardwalk or shop.

There are plenty of things to do and see right in Charlottetown, http://www.walkandseacharlottetown.com/ and http://www.city.charlottetown.pe.ca/...ttractions.cfm offer a lot of suggestions.

There are walking and or cycling trails in Charlottetown and vicinity if that's something that interests you.

Archived