Silly question about ship side?

wernew2cruising

Okay everyone.. I know this is a silly question but as you answer you can laugh your head off...:D just answer ;) (please)

We are doing a PC partial this fall, on the Coral Princess. I have read on our roll call that quite possibly the port side of the ship is best for port viewing, etc. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

(i know going through the locks it won't matter, if we stay on the ship we will see each side)

We do Aruba; Cartagena, Colombia; Panama Canal, Panama; Colon (Cristobal), Panama; Limon, Costa Rica; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. In that order!!!

My travel agent and Princessline assured me that the port side is best for viewing the shore. Judging by your date, you may have already gone but if you will check with the ship, we'll be in a balcony state room C618 so you can see where we have been promised would give us the view we want. Hope you enjoy your trip. If you've already taken it, do tell me the pluses and pitfalls. Beader405

• 2 weeks later...

The Canal itself runs north-south - it's counter-intuitive. If you're going from Caribbean to Pacific, the sun will come up on the port side and move to the starboard side as you transit. Look at it on a map and it'll make sense. You'll likely get better shade on the port side, although the times I've done the partial transit, the sun hasn't been out continuously anyway. It's sunny, then a shower, then sunny, then a shower. And there's plenty to see on both sides - a fantastic day! Check out the view from the stern through the locks - it's very cool to see the gates close and the ship rise from a stern deck.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Archived