Docked This Morning - Inspiration Review

ginacc

I like being called "pretentious" though. Makes me feel like I've arrived :D :D :D :D

Why would anyone make the above statement?

Main Entry: pre·ten·tious audio.gif

Pronunciation: pri-'ten(t)-sh&s

Function: adjective

Etymology: French prétentieux, from prétention pretension, from Medieval Latin pretention-, pretentio, from Latin praetendere

1 : characterized by pretension : as a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) <the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him -- Richard Watts> b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature <pretentious language> <pretentious houses>

synonym see SHOWY

{Interesting}

Guess the quality time with her family ended when the cruise did. I'm certain her great reveiw took a while to put thought into and write. Gotta figure hubby was watching the child while she was typing away at the airport. :confused:

Take the chip off your shoulder....you may see life differently!!

Gina, while I understand you enjoyed your very first cruise if you feel certain way about some things you mention you should try newer Carnival ships (and cruises longer than 5 dayers!) or even other lines like Princess, RCCL, Celebrity or NCL.

Gina, while I understand you enjoyed your very first cruise if you feel certain way about some things you mention you should try newer Carnival ships (and cruises longer than 5 dayers!) or even other lines like Princess, RCCL, Celebrity or NCL.

Yeah, I was wondering if a newer ship, or a different cruise line would produce different results. We did have a good time, and for the money I'd say it was worth it. But I really wanted to see a ship that looked like the commercials I always see. Waterpark-like pools, more upscale environment, etc. I think when my son is older we're going to try an RCCL cruise. My aunt has been on dozens of cruises and usually chooses the nicer, bigger, newer ships by RCCL. In fact, they're going in January for 9 days, and asked us to go with, but there's no way we could afford to take that kind of time off work so soon. But I'd go in a heartbeat if we could find a way. :D

We just did Explorer out of NJ for 9 days. It was great, but I'd say pax mix was not the best either, which is surprising as it was pretty expensive trip. It didn't have water park (I think it's only on the newest Liberty, Freedom and Independence), but it had nicer pool areas, huge sport deck with mini-golf, full basketball court and climbing wall also ship had promenade with parades, ice shows etc.

RCCL also has five days cruises on Enchantment of the Seas which is smaller, but very beautiful ship.

Even new Carnivals have better layouts than Fantasy class. I've only been on Carnival Liberty, but while I didn't enjoy some other things ship looked very nice.

We just did Explorer out of NJ for 9 days. It was great, but I'd say pax mix was not the best either, which is surprising as it was pretty expensive trip. It didn't have water park (I think it's only on the newest Liberty, Freedom and Independence), but it had nicer pool areas, huge sport deck with mini-golf, full basketball court and climbing wall also ship had promenade with parades, ice shows etc.

RCCL also has five days cruises on Enchantment of the Seas which is smaller, but very beautiful ship.

Even new Carnivals have better layouts than Fantasy class. I've only been on Carnival Liberty, but while I didn't enjoy some other things ship looked very nice.

Thank you! Very helpful information. I *think* we were travelling along side the Enchantment of the Seas. There was another RCCL following our route and it looked much bigger and nicer than our ship. Now that I'm thinking about it, it looked to us like the RCCL ship was mostly made up of balcony cabins, and there were only 2 decks to walk on? Is that accurate. There seemed to be very few balcony cabins on the Inspiration by comparison.

Some southerners are actually highly educated...live in nice homes and don't need to cruise just to spend quality time with their children.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Being from the "south" all I can say MizzCard is WELL SAID:D

Thank you! Very helpful information. I *think* we were travelling along side the Enchantment of the Seas. There was another RCCL following our route and it looked much bigger and nicer than our ship. Now that I'm thinking about it, it looked to us like the RCCL ship was mostly made up of balcony cabins, and there were only 2 decks to walk on? Is that accurate. There seemed to be very few balcony cabins on the Inspiration by comparison.

It depends on what ship you saw. Voyager class has tons of balconeys, but it's "empty" inside. Some of the cabins are even looking inside. :) But on top of it there are huge pool and sport decks.

Don't worry, they have plenty of decks to walk.. I'd suggest you go to the cruise sites and see for yourself. I can talk and talk all day about the ships (we even collect models), but it's better to see them on pictures.

www.rccl.com

www.princess.com

www.celebrity.com <--- although this choice is more for adults

I don't know if you've checked Carnival site itself www.carnival.com

By the way, my favourite ship is not even RCCL , but this one

www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com It's very nice site with a lot of details. :)

Oh, and by the way.. Gina, while I prefer Eastern Caribbean island because of their hillyness, I think you should return to Grand Cayman and do http://www.captainmarvins.com/ tri stop snorkeling tour.. Even my husband and son who don't really like to swim enjoyed it a lot. It's not scary a bit.. and you can see coralls, tropical fish and stingrays!

Next time before the cruise do your research (these boards are great for it) and you'll find your perfect vacation.:)

I have been on RCCL and Carnival and I love them both. But, I prefer Carnival. They are similar and it is not worth the extra money for me to go RCCL that often. Also, I feel the food is superior on Carnival. Of course, to each his own...

Oh, and I don't live in a trailer park either....

Well, that was really stupid and uncalled for. Exactly what I'd expect from a hick! :D

Wow, Gina, you HAVE arrived!!! Apparently, you have now become a CCB. :)

Seriously, though, your initial comments (while unnecessary) certainly caused a bit of a stir and, judging from some of you recent comments, that's exactly what you intended. BUT ... the comments that you've been able to see and respond to are mild compared to some that have been removed. I had the displeasure of reading one that was particularly crude and vile.

A little advice - If you don't want negative comments, don't begin you post with disparaging remarks about the CC community or your fellow cruisers. Otherwise, it seems your trying to stir up trouble instead of providing useful information.

As I said before, I enjoyed your post and was glad to hear you had a good cruise.

Thanks for an honest review. I have the Inspiration booked for January 28, and just getting off the Celebration 5 day cruise I may change to the 7 day Glory. After what I cruised with on the Celebration I know what you mean.

Can you tell us about your experience on the Celebration. I was thinking of booking on her.

I loved your review. Glad you got some quality time away with your family, what a cute little monkey you have:D .

Did you consider swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman - you could have traded off in the water and sitting on the boat with your son. Cayman waters are usually clear and beautiful. I hope you try it again sometime.

Thanks again for your review!!

Payd:)

I loved your review. Glad you got some quality time away with your family, what a cute little monkey you have:D .

Did you consider swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman - you could have traded off in the water and sitting on the boat with your son. Cayman waters are usually clear and beautiful. I hope you try it again sometime.

Thanks again for your review!!

Payd:)

Thank you! And yes, up until the morning of GC, we were planning on doing the stingrays but I got really nervous about it and chickened out. In my adult years I developed a new phobia of oceans. I'm slowly trying to overcome it. Baby steps.

Thanks for the review. I enjoyed reading how much fun and creativity you had with your 13 month old. We are cruising with our, to be young three year old, in April 2008. After reading some of the threads surrounding cruising with small children, your review was very refreshing. Can't wait to see pics.

Archived