AA airlines Fares dropped!

cjar855

Next time I fly I'll try AA. My flight with Continental has dropped $70pp & they will not give a voucher for the credit. They say they will charge $100 change fee per ticket to do so. Grrrr........
OUCH! That is one of the reasons I fly American. They have always given me a voucher if the fare dropped. They are good for 1 yr.

I signed up at Orbitz.com with their Orbitz DealDetector ,and whenever the airfare that I was looking for drops they send me an e-mail. This is how I learned that my fare with American dropped.So If you go to their website and check for airfare to your destinations,and not actually book. When you are done looking they will ask" Do you want to be notified if the Fare you are looking for lowers"? this is where I signed up for Deal Detector.. :)

CJAR,

I also booked through Orbitz. What do you do, if most of the other flights through the same Airline on the same date went down, but your specific flight out and back is no longer listed? Does this mean my flight is sold out (3 months in advance)?

I found a better time for $200 less than what I currently have booked, but to change would cost me $100 per ticket for Delta and $30 per ticket for Orbitz, causing a net difference of an INCREASE of $60. Very frustrating. Usually I like to book early because it seems that flights almost always go up. Not the case this time, I guess.

Hmmm. I just checked American, Delta, Travelocity, and Orbitz for pricing for my DD to come home for Christmas from L.A. WOW! 'Way up there!! (Hoping, after I read this thread, that there were some good deals....oh well.):rolleyes:

LOL, I checked too! My Vegas flight on AA has gone up $80 and a flight I have been monitoring has gone up $50. I love American, but they are 8 times out of 10 WAY more expensive than most of the others. The only reason I even fly them any longer is to breeze through these miles :D

crzndeb,

don't bother looking if Continental's price drops, unless you haven't booked yet.

It would have to drop quite a bit to make it worth paying the $100 change fee they charge. I tried calling & talking to a supervisor, & no luck on getting them to budge.

I guess it all depends on where you are flying from & to. I am flying from Chicago on American. When I originally booked it was 233.00rt .today it went down to 173.00. whereas my sisters flight from NY Laguarda was 224.00 when we booked and now it went up to 305.00. we are flying into John Wayne in orange county in Calif.

Another Chicagoan here. Same thing happened to me. I booked an American flight from Chicago to San Juan for November at 349pp (yikes)

The price dropped to 273pp and they issued vouchers for me and my husband at $76 each.

I, too, had Orbitz checking for price drops ( I booked direct with American ).

When I was notified of the drop, I called American and they said they would issue vouchers. I had them in three days!

The prices have been very high for San Juan. As high as 405pp for the non-stops, so I feel the price of 273. was a good one.

I haven't had a lot of luck getting anything from other airlines when the fare goes down, so good luck everyone!

Donna

Thanks for the suggestion, I did go on to look to see if my price had dropped. I am flying out of Rochester, NY to Orlando in April 2005 and the price actually went up, way more than double. It is now $711.40. I think know I paid less than $300, most likely closer to $250. I couldn't believe it. All the years that people have made fun of me for booking my cruise and air early, well, I guess I know what I am doing, sometimes. :)

If you book through Expedia or Orbitz, does AA still give the vouchers?

Good Question. That I really don't know. I always check for fare through Orbitz & Expedia, but then I book Directly with the airline.:confused:

Another Chicagoan here. Same thing happened to me. I booked an American flight from Chicago to San Juan for November at 349pp (yikes)

The price dropped to 273pp and they issued vouchers for me and my husband at $76 each.

I, too, had Orbitz checking for price drops ( I booked direct with American ).

When I was notified of the drop, I called American and they said they would issue vouchers. I had them in three days!

The prices have been very high for San Juan. As high as 405pp for the non-stops, so I feel the price of 273. was a good one.

I haven't had a lot of luck getting anything from other airlines when the fare goes down, so good luck everyone!

Donna

Wow $273.pp for San Juan .That is good. Is it From O'Hare? Makes me want to book a southern Caribbean on the Destiny..

Well hello Hoffman Estates! Elgin here.

Yes the flight is from O'Hare. Hard to believe, I know.

AND the best part is that my flight times are late morning (10am) both there and back so I don't have to be up at 3am and out the door by 4:30 to catch a 6:30 flight! In fact from here it was cheaper to stay at a O'hare hotel and take advantage of the park and fly program. $109 which includes breakfast the next morning, up to 14 days parking and a shuttle ride to the airport.

Much cheaper than a limo or long term parking for 10 days at $9/day. (That's remote parking which is even worse in the winter!! BRRR)

We originally booked the Destiny, but switched to the Serenade because we booked while on another cruise. With shipboard credit and a RCCL coupon, we got the cruise for 641pp for a balcony. Couldn't pass it up.

We have, however, booked the Valor for next April (3rd) Join us! We are traveling with another couple from Illinois (Lake Villa) we met 4 years ago on a cruise to hawaii.

Donna

I checked the airfare ,but for the time I need it is back up to 352.00 pp .Which is still not too bad for SanJuan. I am Planning on going around january or February.

What you were saying about The Park& Fly at O'Hare is great. I never checked on that. It is well worth going to the airport overnight.Limo alone Back & forth is at least $80.00.Sounds like you have a lot of great trips lined up. Have a good time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived