Carrying Luggage off the Ship

espmass

If you don't request to take your bags off yourself, they will give you luggage tags to determine what order you can get off (based on your flight, or whatever you tell them your plans are on the form they will give you earlier in the week).

On the morning you disembark if you aren't in a hurry and they call your color and number (ie. red 1, red 3, blue 2 etc) nothing says you have to go then - you can wait until you're ready. I think they set a time for when they want people out of the cabins and it's fairly early, but you can go to the buffet or some other place to eat and kill time. but you'll probably have to take your carry on baggage with you.

We've always been in a hurry to get off and make a connection - it would be nice to not have to :-)

Last year in Venice we disembarked without any trouble at 6 AM. Had one wheeled bag apiece and one carry-on / backpack. No fuss, no muss. Went to the forward elevators (where the gangplank was) walked off to the pier and was picked up by our limo to head for the airport for our 8AM flight.

I would do this again in a heartbeat. On the Alaska and Baltic cruises, the cruise line misplaced one of our bags that took us quite awhile for us to find (at least we found them:) ).

I would love to try to bring our bags aboard during embarkation next time. That way we don't have to wait hours for them. It shouldn't be a problem since we pack lighter and lighter with each successive cruise.

If you don't request to take your bags off yourself, they will give you luggage tags to determine what order you can get off (based on your flight, or whatever you tell them your plans are on the form they will give you earlier in the week).

On the morning you disembark if you aren't in a hurry and they call your color and number (ie. red 1, red 3, blue 2 etc) nothing says you have to go then - you can wait until you're ready. I think they set a time for when they want people out of the cabins and it's fairly early, but you can go to the buffet or some other place to eat and kill time. but you'll probably have to take your carry on baggage with you.

We've always been in a hurry to get off and make a connection - it would be nice to not have to :-)

Thanks again, bjk....The only thing I'll have to schedule is a shuttle for the short drive home. If I was the last one off the ship, that would be ok!!i

I don't remember if I heard this on Princess or Celebrity- I did hear you can get off the ship as early as you want (once customs etc is cleared) if you are able to manage carrying your own luggage rather than putting it out the night before. quote]

On our recent trip from Alaska... we used the Express Disembarkation for the first time. We had HUGE luggage bags! But, as long as you are able to get them off the ship yourself, there is no problem.

You do need to REQUEST "express disembarking" at the Pursars office about two days before you get off. You will be assigned a number, something like they assign for the luggage tags for regular disembarkation. once customs has cleared the ship, they will start calling the numbers... we were in group number two, and were off the ship by 8:45 AM. It was great.

Archived