National Car Rental dropoff, Port of Miami??

randbmom

It looks like for a family of four, renting a car one way from FLL-Miami and again in reverse is cheaper than shuttle or car service. Has anyone dropped off a National rental car for a Miami cruise? The South Miami rental office looks fairly close to the Port of Miami on google maps, but does National then shuttle you back to the Port after drop off?

• 3 years later...

Just last week I e-mailed National about shuttle possibilities and this is the answer I received:

"Thank you for your e-mail. There is a shuttle Thursday through Monday, 7am to 5pm which takes customers to and from the port, to the Miami airport location. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know."

This is not quite convenient as all the cruises I'm looking at leave POM in the weekends.

Just last week I e-mailed National about shuttle possibilities and this is the answer I received:

"Thank you for your e-mail. There is a shuttle Thursday through Monday, 7am to 5pm which takes customers to and from the port, to the Miami airport location. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know."

This is not quite convenient as all the cruises I'm looking at leave POM in the weekends.

Thursday through Monday would cover the weekend :confused:

ISA you posted before I could! THURSDAY to MONDAY.

So, I'm thinking of looking into this--where do we drop the rental car off?

Pick-up is FLL. Do we drop at the Miami airport?

When I ran the rate on the National web site, I got a rate of $79.00. I've got some discounts to use, but what rate were you finding?

THANKS!

You know what? You're absolutely right..... Need my coffee desperately:D

I read it Mon - Thursday...

So, then yes, National will take you from airport to port on a shuttle...(Thx girlscruise2011).

Your very welcome :D. Check out the rates at Thrifty and Alamo too. They have shuttles also.

I got a rate of USD 30,- per day through Priceline for a compact. But you can get lower than that depending on when you're traveling. Since we're in the Easter weekend all things tend to be pricier. But I still think it's a good deal with the shuttle included.

I finally got some info on the private shuttles...

Shuttle Rates

We are a Fort Lauderdale based company and because of Permit Restrictions we cannot offer Miami to Miami Trips*

FLL Airport and immediate FLL Airport area hotels to the Port of Miami

1-3 passengers $15 ea

4+ passengers $13 ea

Port of Miami to the FLL Airport and immediate FLL Airport area hotels*

1-3 passengers $15 ea

4+ passengers $13 ea

*Please Note: Calls for pickup after 10:00 AM may have a waiting period for pickup.

Arrivals after 3:00 PM are charged a 3 passenger minimum

We do not offer pick ups from Miami hotels

Requests for arrivals after 8:00 PM will not be accepted

The above prices reflect a discount for cash, Credit Cards have a $3 per transaction processing fee. Minimum Credit Card Charge is $25

• 5 years later...