How did you like your shore excursions???

Mysteryfan

I am taking NCL Dawn in October 14 to New England, Quebec city etc. My friend and I are thinking of taking some of the excursions though I know it may be very late to think of those. How did those of you who took any of the shore excursions to New England or any that NCl offers, how did you like them?? My friend thought that she would like to see more of the cities though some cities are fairly small and shore excursions maybe the way to go???

Mysteryfan

I like shore excursions booked through NCL. In cities or towns I am not familiar with, I like to book with the cruiseline. Now that I have to Quebec City, I would arrange things to do on my own. It is one of my favorite ports.

Hi,

I just got back from a Med cruise yeaterday & we did an excursion to Monaco & Monte Carlo.

Personally I feel this particular excursion was expensive for what we got. 50 mins in Monaco & 45 mins in Monte Carlo. I know from reading these boards it would have been very easy to get a train to Monte Carlo, a lot less expensive & we would have had more time there.

I book excursions with the ship because I am basically not brave enough to go it alone, I would rather have all bases covered & know should anything happen on the tour NCL will wait for us & also I know they have the required insurance. This is I believe what you are paying for, peace of mind.

I have spoken to many people who have arranged their own tours with private companies, normally prior to the cruise & they have often raved about how much they got to see & do all for less than NCL charge.

If you are unsure or nervous I would recommend booking with NCL. If you are braver than me:o , take a look at the relevant ports of call board & I am sure there will be plenty of recommendations for private tour companies.

Regards,

Lisa:)

Archived