Self-disembark Later ?

gigman

Don't see why not as long as you have the correct color when you get off. Make sure you get a color that will be called about the time you want to get off and hopefully you will not have so much baggage that you hold up or clog the line schlepping your bags.

Does it work if you want to get off later...like 9 AM ?

On the Crown, all self-assist had the same color (blue) but there was Blue 1, Blue 2, etc. Ask for the last of the Blue colors.

We didn't do self-assist & had different color tags than our children. We wanted to have everyone together so told the kids to wait until our color was called (about 3 colors after theirs) & exiting personnel questioned them on why they didn't get off when their color was called. Wasn't a problem though when I explained why......

Lesson learned here about cabin guarantee: Have done this on Carnival per our TA suggestion & always assigned cabins very near each other, especially those containing our kids were next door or across hall. On Crown they put the 6 kids in our group...5 minors, not babies ranged late teens to age 20 & a 22 yr. old but that opens for new issues...in 2 cabins next to each other, my husband & I two decks below & the other couple traveling with us on a diff. deck than any of us. I called Princess when I received our room assign. stating I would like at least one set of adults to be on the same floor. Thought it unwise to have teens rooming that far from parents/guardians, I was told this set-up is ok since one person over 21. I read the kids the riot act about consideration for neighbors & hoped they abided by it. Never rec'd a complaint call so hopefully they did. Did give me an uneasy feeling though when doing the muster station drill & they were no where near us.

I'm guessing that say, if you really aren't in a big, fat rush to debark, and you have put your luggage out the night before, you can just hang out at the buffet and eat your heart out until you absolutely have to be off the ship? (Whew that was a long sentence) Like you were going to spend an additional three days at the debarkation port and were in no particular rush to get to your hotel (which you, in theory can't get into until the afternoon.)

Oh yes, even harder to go home and have to do your own housekeeping. :p

And while I know the cookie comment was a joke, I suppose I should mention for the benefit of those who might consider it, that all foodstuffs are confiscated by customs unless commercially sealed and packaged.

Does it work if you want to get off later...like 9 AM ?

Instead of self-disembark. Go to the pursers desk around the middle of the cruise(or when they send out the luggage tags and disembarkation info) and tell them you would like to be in the last color to get off. Then put your bags out the night before and they will have them with that color group. You won't be able to leave your bags in your room all morning and I don't think you or any one else would want you dragging all your luggage around the ship. Since they always have people wanting to leave earlier, there is no problem to get to leave later.

Instead of self-disembark. Go to the pursers desk... tell them you would like to be in the last color to get off.

The OP stated they want to get off around 9:00. Crown was cleared early and we had a color mid-way on the list & got off 9:45, so asking for the last color may make it a bit late.

Archived