Question about port schedule?

travgurl

I have booked the Valor in Feb for the western Carribean to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya. With all of the hurricane damage and more happening this week, I am wondering if the ports are closed where will they go. Any thoughts? I picked this cruise because it went to 4 ports.

I have booked the Valor in Feb for the western Carribean to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya. With all of the hurricane damage and more happening this week, I am wondering if the ports are closed where will they go. Any thoughts? I picked this cruise because it went to 4 ports.

This is by far the best cruise for me, all 4 ports are very nice and the Valor is a beautiful fun ship.

By Feb all should be back to normal, but then again we are not even close to finish with hurricanes for 07.

Fred

By Feb all should be back to normal, but then again we are not even close to finish with hurricanes for 07.

I have serious doubts that Costa Maya will be open by February 2008. I would look for Cozumel, Calica or Progreso to be the replacement port for Costa Maya.

i just found this.. says costa maya will be closed for about 6-8 months to cruise ships for repair . . here is the website http://www.costamaya-mexico.com/

right now its going to cozumel instead of costa maya. hopefully here soon this week we will find out if its going to stay like that. but honestly i think it will

Was Costa Maya hit that bad? I hope not, that was one of my new Mexican best port next to La Paz.

Fred

What is left of the newly constructed Port Buildings......

r2153826068.jpg?x=380&y=217&sig=Y1bIea9M0S7BvmrNkJEj3g--

How well do you think the shacks in Majuhual fared?

Supposedly, even the few concrete structures that survived, have to be demolished due to foundation damage from storm surge.

And what is left of the pier, which I'm sure being constructed in this decade, was built to withstand a Cat 2 or 3 hurricane at least.

attachment.php?attachmentid=706&stc=1&d=1187901281

Plus, even if Felix isn't a direct hit again. A category 5 hitting anywhere nearby, (Belize, Cozumel) will hit Costa Maya with more storm surge and at least tropical storm force winds, which will probably finish off anything left standing.

Some rich developer is going to make a killing buying up everything in sight after the season is over.

I can't see many of the Mom and Pop places being able to rebuild and thrive again.

And the small town vibe and Mom and Pop businesses is what the majority of people rave about this port.

Bill

OMG !!!, There is nothing left !!! I hope the people there got out of dodge. I saw nothing like this on the news that day.

Goes to show you a level 5 hurricane is no joke. And I wonder why people stay in those hurricane areas in the U.S.

Thanks for the Pictures, thats pretty sad.

Fred

And I wonder why people stay in those hurricane areas in the U.S.

Fred

The same reason those crazy Californians live in the world's biggest, earthquake, wildfire, mudslide area. ;)

We all want to live near the beach.:D (like those of us in Charleston)

Bill

The same reason those crazy Californians live in the world's biggest, earthquake, wildfire, mudslide area. ;)

We all want to live near the beach.:D (like those of us in Charleston)

Bill

Bill, at least you see the Hurricane coming and they even give you about a weeks warning for free to get the Heck out of there.:D Im on the beach too, but its alittle shakey LOL.

Fred

OMG !!!, There is nothing left !!! I hope the people there got out of dodge. I saw nothing like this on the news that day.

Goes to show you a level 5 hurricane is no joke. And I wonder why people stay in those hurricane areas in the U.S.

Thanks for the Pictures, thats pretty sad.

Fred

I stay because I'm afraid of tornados and earthquakes. Hurricanes are easy to avoid. Like a fat kid playing dodgeball.

Archived