Past guest status transfer to RCCL?

Galer99

Does our past-guest status from Celebrity count if we sail on RCCL?

Thanks in advance,

Basically, yes...

If you are a Select (is that what the 5 or more is? I forget) Captains Club member, you automatically get the "Platinum" Crown and Anchor status...

If you are an Elite Captains Club member, you automatically get the "Diamond" level C&A status...

You get coupon books based on the level, a "gift", invites to the C&A receptions...If you're an Elite on the RCCL ships that have Diamond Lounges (nice little lounge, free drinks, appetizers), you get that...

Make sure ahead of tiime that the folks at RCCL know of your Captains Club level and have it duly noted on your reservation so there's no confusion later...

BTW, for us, all of this was moot...We were already at both Diamond and at Elite levels when they instituted this reciprocity...but for those with a lot of X cruises unnder their belt who want to venture over to RCCL, it's a great little perk...

Elite are people who have cruised a certain amount of time on Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. They are members of the Captain's Club. After your first cruise you will be a member also. Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity. If you have sailed on Royal Caribbean and reached a certain status then it is equal to Celebrity's status at that level. You may not combine the sailings on the two ship lines to get a higher status. You can find the information on royalcaribbean.com and celebrity.com

Captain's Club for Celebrity is used for Azamara. If you have sailed with Royal Caribbean or Celebrity make sure you give your travel agent your number.

Celebrity has Classic (after 1 cruise); Select (after 5 cruise credits) and Elite(after 10 cruise credits). Credits are given for more than, I think, 12 night sailings and suites.

Royal Caribbean has Gold (after 1st cruise); Platinum (after 10 cruise credits); Diamond (after 10 cruise credits) and Diamond Plus (after 24 cruise credits)

Leona

RCCL Diamond Members have the nice additional perk of a concierge lounge on most of their ships. There you can get coffee and continental breakfast each day and from 530 to 830 daily they serve free drinks - wine, beer, mixed drinks and standard cocktails as well as hot and cold canapes. There is also a concierge on duty to take care of things like tender tickets, reservations in Chops or Portofinos. The newer ships have a separate lounge for Diamond/Diamond Plus and Suite pax. :)

If you have not cruised the other line, you do not automatically get membership in the other club - you do have to apply (you can do that by phone to their past cruisers club) and give your membership number in the current club.

If you have not cruised the other line, you do not automatically get membership in the other club - you do have to apply (you can do that by phone to their past cruisers club) and give your membership number in the current club.

Do you know if you can do this before you cruise the other line? I know normally you must apply for membership AFTER you have cruised once, but if you have the Platinum Crown and Anchor membership and have noted it and your number with your reservation for an upcoming cruise, can you apply now for the Captain's Club? This is important only because I want to be able to make reservations for the specialty restaurant in advance and I understand that it can only be done if you are a Captain's Club member.

Do you know if you can do this before you cruise the other line? I know normally you must apply for membership AFTER you have cruised once, but if you have the Platinum Crown and Anchor membership and have noted it and your number with your reservation for an upcoming cruise, can you apply now for the Captain's Club? This is important only because I want to be able to make reservations for the specialty restaurant in advance and I understand that it can only be done if you are a Captain's Club member.

Yes you can, we have never cruised Royal Caribbean, but are Diamond Crown and Anchor members due to our Elite status with Celebrity. I called and joined Crown and Anchor as soon as I received a notice about the new reciprocal membership benefit in a Captain's club mailing.

Archived