first time on Fantasy- Plse help

ugpdfw

Well my work is paying for a cruise to the western caribean.(cozymel & Costa Maya)

Sounds great sadly its a bad time with money for me and my gf. Im wondering a few things things that we can do to save money while onthe ship.

1. Alchol drinks, is there a way to bring any on?

2. once we port what can we do, that isnt expensive? ( snorkling, etc)?

3. anything else we should know?

Thanks for everything !

:)

Well my work is paying for a cruise to the western caribean.(cozymel & Costa Maya)

Sounds great sadly its a bad time with money for me and my gf. Im wondering a few things things that we can do to save money while onthe ship.

1. Alchol drinks, is there a way to bring any on?

2. once we port what can we do, that isnt expensive? ( snorkling, etc)?

3. anything else we should know?

Thanks for everything !

:)

Congrats on getting a cruise from your work!:D

1.) Yes you can get alcohol onboard by putting it in your checked luggage. I alway's bring a collapsible cooler with beer, pepsi and just check it. I have never had aproblem doing this.

2. ) you can take a taxi to some beaches and just snorkle or just walk around and see all the sights.

3.) just read what is posted on these boards and you will learn a lot.

BTW Costa Maya has been replaced by Progresso I think because of damage from Hurricane Dean.

Bottom line have fun.

Carnival allows you to bring on 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person. You can also bring on a "reasonable amount" of other beverages, like soda, water, beer. I've brought on a case of soda/water and a 12 pack of beer in my checked luggage with no problem. As for liquor, you can do a search on "alcohol smuggling" and get all sorts of tips but I think the general concensus is that you can wrap a bottle in bubble wrap and put it in a plastic baggie, then wrap it with towels, etc., in your checked luggage and usually not have a problem. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong ;)

In Cozumel, Paradise beach is an economical option. You can take a cab there. It is a free beach, with reasonably priced food/drinks and you can pay $9 for use of the snorkeling equipment/floaties, etc. There are also the options of Carlos n' Charlies, Margaritaville, etc., with beaches and food.

Whatever you do, I'm sure you will have a great time :D :D

You are permitted to bring wine onboard but not beer or booze. However, if you put beer or booze in your checked luggage it will be delivered to your cabin. You are allowed to bring soft drinks on board also.

You say you are on a tight budget. How tight? What sort of things would you enjoy doing in Cozumel or Progreso? Rather than list all the ways to travel on a budget, perhaps it would be easier and more beneficial to know what interests you, and what you are willing to spend.:)

You can also bring on a "reasonable amount" of other beverages, like soda, water, beer.

You are allowed a reasonable amount of soda and bottled water - not beer. You can walk onboard with a 12 pack of soda or water in hand. You can check the FAQ section in Carnival's website for information.

Also if you choose to use room service you would need to tip the delivery person as they are not included in the $10 pp tips. You would also need to tip the porters at the pier and bring ones and fives to pay for taxi's, etc. Sometimes they are reluctant to give you change.

You can have a great time and not really spend much money. There are juices, teas and water in the buffet area. So you really don't have to buy soda, etc. Soda is not included with dinner so if you order one it will be billed to you.

As others have suggested you can just walk around Cozumel (You might have to take a taxi to the downtown area depending upon where you dock or tender from.) You can also just stay on the ship if you want.

Well not sure of the budget yet, still in the works. WE both love to snokel, and to check out some dutyfree shopping. Not sure what else is around that is cheap. we are up for just about anything.. so any suggestions would be of help.

Thanks everyone

I seem to get mixed reviews of bringing alcohol, since Im going with a large group of work people, Im a bit uneasy bringing much or any alcohol due to not wanting to have an issue in from of them.

We both are up for good snorkling & any other activites. any thoughts would be of great help.

thanks

I do not think you will be stopping in Costa Maya. We were told we were being re-routed to Progresso. Anyway... I have been buying fun ship dollars each of my paychecks and plan to apply them to my onboard credit. I am hoping this will keep me from having the shock I have had when my final night's bill comes. I go to Carnival's site and get them. It is easier for me to pay a little at a time. As far as shore excursions, search these boards and look on the internet. The ship's excursions are pretty expensive and you can usually get the same type of excursions for less through other companies.

Have fun!!

Archived