King or Queen

majosa

Okay we will be getting a inside room on the Fantasy on September 17. I have read on here that the 2 twin beds can convert to a king as well as others saying it only converts to a queen. Which is it? Thank you!

It is a king and it is very comfortable!!

Payd:)

My first real job was in a furniture store. Under your King size bed is two twin (3'3" wide) extra long box spirngs. The twins on the ship are not true twins and are not extra long. You really are only getting a short queen.

I have a queen at home and I can assure you they ain't no queens on the ships!

(Well there may be a couple but as long as they don't bother me I won't both them)

:D Mattress sizes vary.. I worked for Direct Buy and mattresses were my specialty (no funny comments people lol :D )

There are various sizes of twins/ queens/ kings.. Even hotel sizes can measure differently

I would say its safe to say they are larger than a queen but smaller than a traditional king..

Twin Mattress Size (Single): 39" x 75"

Full Mattress Size (Double): 54" x 75" Long Twin Mattress Size: 39" x 80"

Queen Mattress Size: 60" x 80"

King Mattress: 76" x 80" California King Mattress Size: 72" x 84"

You can put a quarter in and it vibrates! :D

No wait that was the hourly motel the other night! Haha

Ahhh...the love motel....

ETA....too bad they don't have those california kings. Much less chance of falling off whilst rolling around with your partner.:eek:

ETA....too bad they don't have those california kings. Much less chance of falling off whilst rolling around with your partner.:eek:

LOL;) The californians are narrower and longer.. Eastern or regular Kings are wider..

Now dont ask if i fell off the Californians!

LOL;) The californians are narrower and longer.. Eastern or regular Kings are wider..

Hmmm...I thought the cali's were the biggest? Anyhoo...a larger bed is a must...unless it has those bumpers on it that keep you from falling out because of all that motion....i hate when that happens.

:p

yeah, but ya can't have it all, lol.

gotta be a little flexible and work w/ what you have. :eek: :D

Says who?:D

I'm really not all that flexible...:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by livtojump

ETA....too bad they don't have those california kings. Much less chance of falling off whilst rolling around with your partner.

That is assuming you are oriented "properly" to the head and foot of the bed.

I think Liv may have been alluding to the rarely used, alternate perpendicular orientation, in which case it would give you a solid 4 inches of extra rolling room. :D

:eek:

I think Liv may have been alluding to the rarely used, alternate perpendicular orientation, in which case it would give you a solid 4 inches of extra rolling room. :D

LOL

Well then i guess you need to take height into account.. i am barely 5'3.. either way i am not hanging off the edge LOL :eek:

OP, yes. 2 twin beds can be configured to a king if you'd like. and, there are some ships that have queens too, i believe.

funny...people always refer to them as being bigger, but i just looked it up b/c of your post, and yes they are 4" longer, but they chop 4" off of the width.

that's just stupid if ya ask me, LOL. keep the 4, and add the 4 FTLOG!:p

...I think Liv may have been alluding to the rarely used, alternate perpendicular orientation, in which case it would give you a solid 4 inches of extra rolling room. :D

lol, again, repete.

...Well then i guess you need to take height into account..

for some reason...i'm thinking he did.:p :cool: ;)

OP, yes. 2 twin beds can be configured to a king if you'd like. and, there are some ships that have queens too, i believe.

funny...people always refer to them as being bigger, but i just looked it up b/c of your post, and yes they are 4" longer, but they chop 4" off of the width.

that's just stupid if ya ask me, LOL. keep the 4, and add the 4 FTLOG!:p

lol, again, repete.

for some reason...i'm thinking he did.:p :cool: ;)

LOL I guess in california the people are taller and narrower just like their kings LOL

Yes I was but couple that with trying to recreate a gold medal pommel horse routine could result in some bad juju.

Okay we will be getting a inside room on the Fantasy on September 17. I have read on here that the 2 twin beds can convert to a king as well as others saying it only converts to a queen. Which is it? Thank you!

I have a king bed at home and didn't really notice any difference in size in the bed on the Fantasy. It may be a little smaller but not much. My DH and I have trouble sleeping in a queen sized bed because I am a light sleeper and he moves around a lot but I slept great.

Is that bedding everything people say it is?

I believe all the ships have the new bedding (although on many ships, it's no longer "new" :p LOL)

It's okay... WAY better than what they had before, of course, it's not as comfy as what I have at home, but I wouldn't expect it to be. There are some hotels that have REALLY gone above and beyond and created an "experience" with their bedding, the bedding on Carnival is not that... but it is nice... certainly not something I would run home and buy though.

Archived