Dive with Alison vs Dive with Martin???

FamilyDoc

We are going to Cozumel and want to book a private charter. Has anyone got input as to which Dive op is better, Alison or Dive with Martin?? We are a group of 5 with the gamut of certification from 1983 to 2006. My teens are the newest certified.

Thanks for any advice!

We went with Alison for my 15 YO (at the time) daughter's first ocean dive. I had previously dived with her for my AOW while staying on Cozumel. She is friendly and runs a very professional and safe operation. Her customers return again and again. She is also flexible about time for cruisers. If she is booked I have heard good things about Dive with Martin, Bottomtime, and BlueXTSea(Christi) but I have not yet dived with them.

We are going to Cozumel and want to book a private charter. Has anyone got input as to which Dive op is better, Alison or Dive with Martin?? We are a group of 5 with the gamut of certification from 1983 to 2006. My teens are the newest certified.

Thanks for any advice!

We have dove with Dive with Martin as they had (not sure after Hurricane Wilma in 2005) a dive shop off the RCL pier and it was very convienent. We walked off the ship and they got a boat together for hubby and me and two friends that would snorkel and two others that they knew wanted to dive. They handled dropping the snorkelers off with guide and then us and it worked very well. We liked them. As this was a one tank last minute dive I can not say if they are really safe and professional in booking the appointment but I can say they handled us very well and I would dive with them again. Debbie

I have to say I haven't used martin, but I did dive last winter w/ Alison and I can't say enough great things about her talent of monitoring all the divers. She keeps a check on everyone and still finds amazing marine life. She is flexible and great fun. I won't be able to return to Cozumel and not dive w/o her. As long as she is in business there, I will return. She isn't right off the cruise ship's pier, but the local cabs cost only 5.00 dollars to get to her dock. Good Luck.

Thanks everyone for the reply! I had decided to go with Alison but she said that she may have up to 8 divers on her small boat that day (counting us.) Now I'm 2nd guessing my decision. If I go with Martin they said it would be a private charter for the same cost.

Hmmm. What does anyone think? My 17 y.o. dd can be slow to descend and would probably be more relaxed with fewer divers.

Has any been with Alison when she had that many divers?

Thanks again for the help!!

Thanks everyone for the reply! I had decided to go with Alison but she said that she may have up to 8 divers on her small boat that day (counting us.) Now I'm 2nd guessing my decision. If I go with Martin they said it would be a private charter for the same cost.

Hmmm. What does anyone think? My 17 y.o. dd can be slow to descend and would probably be more relaxed with fewer divers.

Has any been with Alison when she had that many divers?

Thanks again for the help!!

Definately go with Alison. She will make your 17 yr old feel completely at ease. You will not regret your decision. She will have her assistant go with part of the group and she will go with you.

Thanks for any advice!

While Alison is an excellent choice, if you go with her, it is possible you will have to share the boat with another couple. If you go with DWM, you can charter a boat, DM, and captain for just your group of 5. DWM also includes the rental gear with their price and I'm sure you will have a good time with them as well.

My vote is a private charter with DWM.

Archived