Cabo San Lucas - Kayaks and knees

phdiva

Please tell me about the "two-person sit-on-top" kayaks that are used for the Sea Kayaking Eco-Adventure excursion in Cabo San Lucas. One of our group has "bad knees," but is otherwise in decent enough shape that it would be do-able.

Also, do you know if you have to have be part of a "pair" to book this excursion? In other words, what would the cruiseline/tour operator do if an odd number of people signed up?

Please tell me about the "two-person sit-on-top" kayaks that are used for the Sea Kayaking Eco-Adventure excursion in Cabo San Lucas. One of our group has "bad knees," but is otherwise in decent enough shape that it would be do-able.

Also, do you know if you have to have be part of a "pair" to book this excursion? In other words, what would the cruiseline/tour operator do if an odd number of people signed up?

Take it from someone who has undergone 4 knee surgeries now...kayaking is great. They will not have problems at all. And you will be partnered up if need be on a kayak. So don't worry if there is an odd number going...you could possibly have one to yourself even.

Excellent! That's what I thought about sit-on-top kayaks (and what I'd been trying to tell our friend with the knee issue), but I wanted to hear from someone who's been there.

And thanks for the confirmation re: not needing an even number - three of us in the group want to kayak and, thanks to your response, we can without making "Mr. Knee Issues" feel guilty.

Cheers!

PH...

The Eco Kayak tour is alittle different than the Clear Bottom Kayak tour. On the Eco, you take a taxi over to Medano Beach. Paddle the kayaks across the "channel" to Lover's Beach and then back. I hate crossing the channel with all the boat traffic...tenders, wave runners, parasailing boats, fishing charters. The word sitting duck comes to mind. The Clear Bottom Kayak tour starts from the "rock" side of the channel...you do not have to cross through traffic. Paddle down to Lover's Beach and Pelican Rock to snorkel and paddle back. Less stress and worry about those boats not seeing me! That is just one reason I like the Clear Bottom Kayak tour.

I've done a couple different Cabo kayak tours, and as others have said, no knee concerns. Cross the main channel is the only real physical part, once over around the rocks, it's lazy paddling. They will allow a solo paddler if the body count is odd. As an experienced kayaker - I try to go it alone, but usually end up paired with a novice. Just enjoy the view, and paddle slow and easy. See you on the water.

Archived