Should I Start To Worry?

niffer03878

Here we are, 5 days from being on the Sensation and I happen to log onto weather.com and what do I see.... a potential for a tropical or a subtropical weather system forming off of GA or FLA by the end of this week/weekend.. GREAT... this is so not what I needed... everything has been going so perfectly... I'm trying to remain positive, but it's getting harder to do the closer we get to the weekend and the more likely the potential is becoming.

Everyone has told us how stupid we are booking a cruise during the "H" season. I kept telling them there was nothing to worry about. I don't want them to be right. Of course we didn't know any better and we are flying out very early the morning of. Please tell me that we have nothing to be concerned about and that this storm system will blow over :( and we will make our flight and cruise will not be affected by the weather.

Here we are, 5 days from being on the Sensation and I happen to log onto weather.com and what do I see.... a potential for a tropical or a subtropical weather system forming off of GA or FLA by the end of this week/weekend.. GREAT... this is so not what I needed... everything has been going so perfectly... I'm trying to remain positive, but it's getting harder to do the closer we get to the weekend and the more likely the potential is becoming.

Everyone has told us how stupid we are booking a cruise during the "H" season. I kept telling them there was nothing to worry about. I don't want them to be right. Of course we didn't know any better and we are flying out very early the morning of. Please tell me that we have nothing to be concerned about and that this storm system will blow over :( and we will make our flight and cruise will not be affected by the weather.

This is the gamble of booking during Hurricane Season.... I personally have no problem doing so simply because if there is a hurricane on the horizon and near our path, the captain will alter the itinerary for passenger safety. Unless you have a specific port of call that is a MUST SEE and that could be missed due to unforseen weather.... there is nothhing wrong with sailing at this time of year for lower cruise fares and most of the time an itinerary that does not get disrupted.

My take on it is "I have no place to be and no time to get there" when I cruise !

Congrats for choosing Carnival for your first cruise. My first cruise was on Carnival too. Don't worry. They will take your ship to someplace where the hurricane isn't.

If anyone actually tells you that and can guarantee it, I want them to send me this week's lottery numbers, LOL! Unfortunately, the only person who knows that is the Big Guy Upstairs (or whatever you call God). Essentially, all you can do is watch and know that above all, Carnival will NOT take you into a storm. Whether that is to go to alternate ports or cancel altogether, I know ultimately you'd want to be alive rather than right. Right? ;)

Do not worry have a blast they will keep you away form things.

Do me a favor PLEASE. Can you tell Zeneatza hello from Pam and Jeff. Shes in the Carnivale Diningroom she does table 297. She is a baby doll. Tell her we are coming back before she leaves in Janurary.

I think my big concern right now is just getting to the boat.. once we are on it we don't care where we go... the bummer is we are flying from Boston to Orlando and the flight path is over the ocean right over where this thing is... hopefully they can re-direct over land and avoid it... I just don't want to miss the boat... Once on the boat we can relax and let the Captain steer us clear of any trouble

hate to be the bearer of bad news but... Sept is the most active hurricane month and Sept 10 is the peak of the North Atlantic hurricane season. But that being said... I was married on Sept 9 and honeymooned in Disney World, so I obviously didn't worry about a hurricane.

It's a chance you take but I'm sure everything will be fine. May have to see different ports than originally planned but it will be fun anyway.

I think my big concern right now is just getting to the boat.. once we are on it we don't care where we go... the bummer is we are flying from Boston to Orlando and the flight path is over the ocean right over where this thing is... hopefully they can re-direct over land and avoid it... I just don't want to miss the boat... Once on the boat we can relax and let the Captain steer us clear of any trouble

I assure you that the airlines will keep that flight safe and out of harms way. I am a private pilot and can't tell you the # of times I have had to alter my course to bypass bad weather scenarios..... How early is your flight ? Have a 2nd flight available if that one is cancelled ?

I believe you will be ok... if it was winter travelling, I would be much more concerned.

Have a GREAT CRUISE !

NIFFER

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL...I WAS ON THE MIRACLE aUG. 15-23 AND WE HAD TO BE DIVERTED FROM OUR PORTS. cARNIVAL DID A GREAT JOB AND KEPT US SAFE. wE WENT TO 3 TOTALLY DIFFERENT ISLANDS THAT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GO TO AND HONESTLY, EVERYTHING COULDNT HAVE BEEN BETTER. THIS IS THE CHANCE WE ALL TAKE WHEN WE BOOK AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR. ONCE YOU GET ON THE SHIP, YOU WILL FEEL MUCH BETTER...I KNOW I DID. I WAS A MESS UNTIL I GOT TO NY AND ON THE BOAT. HAVE A GREAT TRIP AND REMEMBER THIS...A DAY ON A CRUISE IS BETTER THAN BEING HOME...RIGHT.ENJOY

LESLEY

...you have nothing to be concerned about and that this storm system will blow over :D and you will make your flight and your cruise will not be affected by the weather.

Today is my birthday, and I'll wish that for you...:D when I blow out the candles. Of course, if the house catches fire from the huge flames, I'll have to wish for a new computer, too.

Airlines normally fly well above hurricanes, same as they do all kinds of bad weather................Landing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well, that's different.........:D

Dan

Is this the storm you are worried about? The computer models look ok for your cruise......I think! This is the only storm out in the Atlantic right now...

at200799_model.gif

WOW - please come back in a week and help me. I too feel the OP's stress. I know I will not be in any danger, however being all alone out there and not knowing how close we just might be... :eek: I keep telling myself it will all be fine and stop worring over something I cannot control.

I am sure you will have a great cruise....... :D

Unless the storm makes a turn for the south, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I live near cocoa and it looks fine from here. Have a great Cruise.

Next time----you might like to get near your cruise port the day before. It takes a lot of stress away and you can have an evening of fun.

If you can change your flight at this point, I would do that, just to be near the port, Cocoa is a nice place to visit.

Your will have a great time :)

Stay positive. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Payd:)

WOW - please come back in a week and help me. I too feel the OP's stress. I know I will not be in any danger, however being all alone out there and not knowing how close we just might be... :eek: I keep telling myself it will all be fine and stop worring over something I cannot control.

I am sure you will have a great cruise....... :D

We will keep a eye out for all of you cruising in the next few weeks...

ship-032.gif

Never worry cuz it's not good for you. Also, it wont change a thing. The ships steer clear of storms like this. Go and enjoy you vacation. Isn't that what it's all about????

Everyone is right. Why people choose to roll the dice with Mother Nature is beyond me...

Got Travel Insurance?

i soooo hear you .. im leaving outta newark ... to orlando.. doing the same cruise morning of... sept 20th.... ahhh im getting nervous myself.. never again will i book a flight morning of!!!

Archived