YourOwnCabin is Kaput

BaumD

There have been many references to the YourOwnCabin newsletter. Just received an email from them indicating they are suspending further publication and are offering refunds or other cruise credits to their subscribers.

So very interesting ............. I have subscribed to them for quite awhile and my subscription is getting ready to expire. I was planning on renewing but have not heard from them recently. What happened????????

That's not what I heard. I heard they were bought for big bucks by some on-line agency and I would be notified when the new program was up and running.

There have been many references to the YourOwnCabin newsletter. Just received an email from them indicating they are suspending further publication and are offering refunds or other cruise credits to their subscribers.

** This is the updated announcement regarding your subscription. We have been made aware that some subscribers may have received emails with incorrect refund amounts and/or refund procedures. **

August 26, 2004

Dear Subscriber –

Thank you for your subscription to YourOwnCabin.com. We are in the process of updating our program and will be suspending the newsletter at this time.

Your subscription is paid through 5/17/2005 with a remaining value of $28.16. We are offering you one of the three selections below. Please review the choices and let us know your preference by replying to this email by Tuesday, August 31st.

Choice # 1: We will issue you a $28.16 refund via your most recent method of payment. If your payment was via PayPal, the refund will be issued to your PayPal account. If your payment was via check your refund will be issued via check.

- or –

Choice # 2: We will provide you with two Savings Certificates from Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruise line. One certificate is good for $25 to $200 off over 45 select Royal Caribbean cruise line sailings and the second certificate is good for $100 to $200 off over 40 select Celebrity cruise line sailings. These certificates can be used at any travel agency.

- or –

Choice # 3: We will provide you with a coupon good for $25 to $50 Off your next booking with CruiseOne.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Your Own Cabin

My subscription expired on 8/10. When I wrote to ask why I had not been offered a renewel, I received the following-

We are not accepting subscription renewals at this time from subscribers who have not booked a cruise with us. An email will be sent out when this changes.

Sincerely,

they ignored my follow up questioning why they were no longer interested in my business and I have heard nothing from them since.

Deb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of weeks have now passed since last post, has anyone heard anymore other than the notice of suspension and plan (?) to to come back at some future date. I have used these folks twice this past year and would hate to see this just go away, are there any other agencies rushing in the fill the void?

Thanks

Frank

Archived