NYC parking

Muumuu

If you are staying during the week most if not all parking lots/garages are used by commuters and the lots fill up early. A lot are not 24 hour lots. I would call your hotel and ask them if they have parking and if they don't what lot(s)/garage(s) they recommend to thier guests. They might get you a discount cause of your stay.

Anyone know of long tern parking if hotel parking is not available?

Park by the first fire hydrant that you see. When you return from your cruise your car will be at the impound. The impound is very safe. The prices however, are a bit steep.

Seriously though, you might want to consider one of the huge parking garages in one of the outer boroughs or in NJ, and then taking a cab to the ship pier. At any of the indoor garages in Manhattan the rates are very very steep.

...which was why I suggested the impound originally.

BnB

I just needed parking for our two nights in the hotel, if they don't have parking. Thank you all for the info.

Hey

You are better off going to park at the pier.. Go to the website and check the price list.. its $25 overnight.. but by the week/cruise length its very reasonable..

Park it there and dont worry about it..

If you dont want to do this.. there are parking lots/garages on every other corner.. you wont have a problem but some are very expensive

Thanks. I could park at the pier on Thursday even if I do not sail until Sat?

They had a sign "no event parking", indicating that this is not a public parking lot. They also asked to see our cruise documents when we parked. I would check with the parking people at the link in the previous email to be sure.

I have never heard of a hotel in NYC that did not have nearby parking, but an obvious move would be to call and confirm. I have always been able to find public parking, but it is very expensive and sometimes I have had to walk a ways.

Archived