Gay travel question

tinlizzy

Please help because you guys/gals are very smart as I recall! :D

A question came up here about this sentence, "Situated on the banks of the Bitou River, this friendly establishment is close to the beaches of Plett, a golf course, and the restaurants and shops are just a drag away."

I did a search for the words drag away here and up popped the Pink Route in S.Africa.

My question is: is "just a drag away" gay friendly travel code or are you as perplexed as me?

Thank you.

I've never heard that phrase before, but the Pink Route sounds interesting! I was reading a book recently that talked about gay life in South Africa, but the book was written in 1992 or something. I would imagine it is a very different world now.

Thanks so much for the replies! That's what I would have thought garykool, until the search led to the Pink Route; then I was mystified.

I actually forgot I posted this question until another post today about this, came up here, which in turn led me here and then back again to here! :rolleyes: :D

If you all would just join the other forum I would have less running around to do!!

Seriously though, this forum on Cruise Critic is filled with the most literate, thoughtful, educated and articulate people I have ever talked to and as always it's a pleasure.

Liz

That expression is not one I have encountered, in my life as a gay man. I have traveled to places they've had to 'drag me away', because I could not 'drag myself away', but even when I did it was more of a 'gay away' down the street. :D I think it is just an expression for distance - just up the street kind of thing.

Archived