Hotel in Vancouver for post cruise/Fairbanks pre cruise

kruiser55

I am helping my parents plan their cruise to Alaska next June. They will be arriving at Ballantyne Pier and need a hotel that will be easily accessible from there and to the airport the next evening. They like to have things planned out in advance, so I am trying to book things for them. I have heard it can be hard to get a cab from Ballantyne, so is it better to get a car or limo service to pick them up?

They will be starting their cruisetour in Fairbanks before their cruise and are flying in a day before RCL's Cruisetour #1 begins. Does anyone know where this Cruisetour usually stays the first night? I would like to book them at that location.

There are not really hotels near that pier in Vancouver. They will have to stay downtown and use a cab, which my best guess would be about $15 - but someone correct me on that if I am wrong. Best bet to stay anywhere in the Entertainment or waterfront district, and take a cab.

The ballantyne pier is in an icky massive port area and isn't 'pretty' like the Canada Place pier. Nothing to look at and very industrial.

To the airport from there, allow about 60 mins and there is a shuttle bus that goes around all the downtown hotels and takes you to the aiport. I think its called the airporter and you can find info on the YVR website. Not sure on price.

There should not be a big problem getting a cab at the pier. My suggestion for a hotel is the Wedgewood. It was rated as the best hotel in Canada one year. You will enjoy the stay. Downtown Vancouver is fairly tight nit. Cab rides are short and rarely get to the $15 area. Have a great cruise.

I am helping my parents plan their cruise to Alaska next June. They will be arriving at Ballantyne Pier and need a hotel that will be easily accessible from there and to the airport the next evening. They like to have things planned out in advance, so I am trying to book things for them. I have heard it can be hard to get a cab from Ballantyne, so is it better to get a car or limo service to pick them up?

They will be starting their cruisetour in Fairbanks before their cruise and are flying in a day before RCL's Cruisetour #1 begins. Does anyone know where this Cruisetour usually stays the first night? I would like to book them at that location.

As a frequenct visitor to Vancouver (lived there for 30 yrs and now visit my dad about 6x a year). There are a number of good hotels in the area.

You can check out the Vancouver Tourism site.

http://www.tourismvancouver.com/visitors/

Hilton Hotels

http://www.hilton.com

Check out Holiday Inn , Sandman Hotels and Fairmont Hotels

:)

Archived