Cruising on X with BEHAVED children

Aussie Cruisers

I don't necessarily agree with always putting the 3yo in the fun factory for dinner (and there is usually a charge for that on Celebrity, but not on Princess and Carnival ). The dining room is a great place to put into public practice the manners that are taught at home. And it is usually amazing how they understand that "this" is the place for all those manners. Try it at least once.

I agree completley our 3 children (10 months, 2, and 6) ate in the dining room with us every night. Why go on vacation with your family if you're not going to eat with them.

I agree completley our 3 children (10 months, 2, and 6) ate in the dining room with us every night. Why go on vacation with your family if you're not going to eat with them.

Thanks. I thought I might get flamed for that. We eat dinner together every night at home, and that's not going to stop just because we are on vacation.

Hi Mark ~

Every Celebrity cruise we have been on...we have had our children with us.

Celebrity does a GREAT job in their children's program. Your child must be 3 years of age in order to be in the Children's Program.

DITTO!

I have a ton of kids club info http://www.our-cruises.com/galaxy/kidsclub_welcome_sm.htm

And' date=' Celebrity is also my children's favorite cruiseline ! [/b']
DITTO! by far. ;)

No matter the age' date=' the wait staff in the dining room (and everywhere else) will cater to your child's every wish. It's amazing. [/b']

DITTO! Below is what results when your child is unable to decide between pizza or a shrimp cocktail for an entree.

pizzanshrimp.jpg.a5d66c1a346268c551832c209a2d62ce.jpg

Yes, we too had a great experience last year with our then 14 month old DS. The first few nights one of us did have to take him out of the dining room for a little break, but the last few nights he made it through the entire dinner. We took little toys with us. We forgot a toy two nights and our assistant waiter held onto it for us.

We practice behaving at dinner. We eat together every night as a family, but this takes only about 20 minutes. We also go out to dinner at least once a week.

We had early seating and my parents were with us. We hired a babysitter two nights so we could enjoy the entertainment with my parents while DS slept. We all traded off staying with him during naptime. I think my husband also enjoyed having a nap.

In May 2008 we will be cruising on Infinity with DS who will be 35 months and DD who will be 15 months. My parents are also going.

The entire staff was very nice to our DS. As were the passengers. If DS started to misbehave, we removed him for the situation.

Last year, X had a treasure chest of toys that we checked out from the kids club. DS loved this and it was a nice supplement to the toys we brought from home.

There are high chairs, and after going to the dining room the first night, one should be waiting for you there after (at least that's how it worked with the booster seats). We never used the babysitting, so I can't speak to that. I do know that it can't be staff that works in the Fun Factory, so it's people who work other places that want the extra money.

Archived