Itinerary Changes

OV cruiser

Hi, OV cruiser, and welcome to CC!

If you're wondering about possible damage from Hurricane Felix, this should have been a non-event. Other than temporary diversions to avoid getting close to the storm itself, I can't really see any reason why ships shouldn't be calling there. See the graphic that I put into this post.

You might also want to watch the Belize forum, to which I expect this thread to be moved shortly anyway.

Hi, OV cruiser, and welcome to CC!

If you're wondering about possible damage from Hurricane Felix, this should have been a non-event. Other than temporary diversions to avoid getting close to the storm itself, I can't really see any reason why ships shouldn't be calling there. See the graphic that I put into this post.

You might also want to watch the Belize forum, to which I expect this thread to be moved shortly anyway.

After speaking with my friend in Belize City... he says things are OK, but is unclear if cruise ships will be arriving this week as of yet......Those in Belize of course say "We are Ready", but ultimately it is up to the cruiseline/captain of each vessel whether or not they will make this a port of call this week or next.

PS... This is the Belize Forum !

• 3 weeks later...

:) Thanks for the replies. I am still reading mixed reviews as to whether the Dec 1st sailing on the Carnival Glory will be going to Belize or Roatan. I also heard from ActionBoys Tours, in Belize, that "all is well and tours as usual". Does anyone have Roatan shore excursion stories to share?

:confused: Sashapoo...thanks for the reply. Who did you call? Did they tell you how the tendors were planning on docking at a dock that wiped out in Hurricane Felix? I'm thinking I'm just going to have to wait till I board the ship to actually find out if I'll be doing the zip line in Belize.

Has anyone been able to get a solid answer about the port in Belize?:confused:

We just got back from Belize. A-OK. We anchored next to Carnival Legend. Tendering was smooth. Docks are in perfect shape (the bar on the dock as well). Operations run smoothly. If your cruise line changes the itinerary can't be because of any past Hurricanes.

You should be good to go.

:confused: Sashapoo...thanks for the reply. Who did you call? Did they tell you how the tendors were planning on docking at a dock that wiped out in Hurricane Felix? I'm thinking I'm just going to have to wait till I board the ship to actually find out if I'll be doing the zip line in Belize.

Hi OV,

We are sailing on the Legend on 11/4. When I heard some scuttlebutt about ports changing, I called my PVP at Carnival. She said some of the ports have changed, but only because certain ports are getting overcrowded due to the loss of Costa Maya. Belize is fine. So ships may be changing ports because of that. A particular ship may not necessarily have the same itinerary for each sailing. But everyone who is booked should get emails with any changes...if you haven't heard otherwise, your ports should be as expected. The only change we had was to replace Costa Maya with Roatan. If you're concerned, just call Carnival to verify.

Hope you have a great trip!:D :D

Archived