Anybody married in Italy, or on NCL?

SomeWoman

I'm so excited! I just booked our wedding cruise for October 2008, a 7-day Mediterranean aboard NCL's Norwegian Gem. We're getting married on shore in Italy, because that's the only choice on that itinerary. :)

I'm just so full of questions that I can't even articulate right now! Does anybody have any experience marrying on an NCL cruise or in the Mediterranean? What are the logistics of an onshore wedding through TWE?

Thanks!

We are getting married in Malta on the October 26th sailing. I would suggest going through a wedding planner there and not TWE. We are getting married in a castle, transportation for 20 guests, bouquet and buttonhole, pictures on a cd, cake and champagne, and a harpist through a local planner for only 1800.00. The most important thing to remember is with European cruises they will only let you disembark two hours after docking and you need to be on the ship I think one hour before sailing.

If you google Malta wedding packages a ton of planners come up along with travel agencies that have great packages.

I got quotes from three different agencies for the venue that I wanted. I waited to see which ones emailed me back promptly etc and then went with that one planner. I had two that emailed me that day and I went with the one that we could afford.

We are doing a symbolic ceremony to save on fees and also so that we could get married where we wanted. In Malta and Italy most of the time you can only have a civil wedding in their town hall and we wanted the castle so we are having our minister file a marriage certificate here for us to avoid all the fees and restrictions.

I hope this helps!

Hi, good luck with the planning. We do a lot of work with brides in the Carribean on cruises but not in Europe. I would be interested in learning how the rules may be different if you dont mind sharing once you find out. I know in the Carribean, we as Professional Photographers cant shoot on the ship but can shoot while on shore. We have been thinking about advertising for Euro Cruise weddings but have yet to look into the details of it all. If you dont mind, please let me know what you find out.

Take care,

Gwyne and Mark Owens

www.gwynemarkphotography.com

Archived