Port Authority Bus Terminal?

fp1950

Anyone know if there is a taxi stand at the bus terminal or do we have to hail a cab on the street? We are arriving on a Saturday from western MA for a same day sail.

Thanks.

Debbe

There is a taxi stand Taxis tend to cruise(no pun intended). On a Saturday AM you will have no trouble finding a cab. Personally I would get off on eighth avenue(its uptown...and there is a cab line there)

Coming from western Massachusetts, I assume you will be traveling on Peter Pan Bus Lines (Bonanza Division), using the bus originating in Williamstown at 10:00 a.m., and arriving at Port Authority at 2:50 p.m.

This bus should arrive at gate 15 (though it might arrive at one of the adjacent odd-numbered gates if gate 15 is occupied). This gate is in the lower level of the south wing of the bus terminal. As soon as you walk in the terminal, turn left and walk toward the up-escalator and staircase located at the end of the concourse. Go up the short escalator, immediately make a U-turn to the right, and go up the adjacent escalator. Once at the top of this second escalator, make another U-turn, and walk out the terminal exit that is directly ahead of you. This is the EIghth Avenue exit. There will be a taxi stand right outside, and there are dispatchers that man the stand daily from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m.

You can find a detailed floor plan of the bus terminal at the address below. It's not the easiest floor plan to read, but it can give you greater confidence in navigating the bus terminal.

www.panynj.com/CommutingTravel/bus/pdfs/PABT_FLOOR_MAP.pdf

Coming from western Massachusetts, I assume you will be traveling on Peter Pan Bus Lines (Bonanza Division), using the bus originating in Williamstown at 10:00 a.m., and arriving at Port Authority at 2:50 p.m.

This bus should arrive at gate 15 (though it might arrive at one of the adjacent odd-numbered gates if gate 15 is occupied). This gate is in the lower level of the south wing of the bus terminal. As soon as you walk in the terminal, turn left and walk toward the up-escalator and staircase located at the end of the concourse. Go up the short escalator, immediately make a U-turn to the right, and go up the adjacent escalator. Once at the top of this second escalator, make another U-turn, and walk out the terminal exit that is directly ahead of you. This is the EIghth Avenue exit. There will be a taxi stand right outside, and there are dispatchers that man the stand daily from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m.

You can find a detailed floor plan of the bus terminal at the address below. It's not the easiest floor plan to read, but it can give you greater confidence in navigating the bus terminal.

www.panynj.com/CommutingTravel/bus/pdfs/PABT_FLOOR_MAP.pdf

here is the link that worked for me not the one above

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/bus/pdfs/PABT_FLOOR_MAP.pdf

and the cab line is at 41st street not 42...

here is the link that worked for me not the one above

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/bus/pdfs/PABT_FLOOR_MAP.pdf

and the cab line is at 41st street not 42...

You got the right document . . . I suppose I need to make sure that the "http://" part is included for the hyperlink to work here.

The taxi stand could very well be on the block between 41st Street and 42nd Street. I never use the taxis there, and I was using a combination of memory and the information posted by the Port Authority on its website!

Archived