Marriott Hotels in FLL

JOHNXU84

Can anyone tell me if there are any Marriott hotels or affiliates in the 17th street vicinity or close to the cruiseport. We are booked at the Amerisuites soon to be Hyatt Place but we may want to use some Marriott points.

Thanks

XUSIGNMAN

Not sure when you are cruising, the Courtyard will be right across from the beach but when I was down there a couple months ago, it doesn't look like it will be open in October unless the have really started to work fast.

I would avoid the BeachPlace towers (timeshare but you can book it by the night)---WAY too crowded and the staff wasn't too nice...

The Harbor Beach Resort was very nice but they are renovating the rooms although the ones I saw were not in bad shape (they hadn't started the regular rooms when I ws there-or so the bellman said) and the property was lovely.

The above are maybe a 10 minute cab ride. The Renaissance is just about across the street from the port and you can see ships from some of the rooms. Probably $5-6 amd 5 minutes in a cab. The hotel is not a 'resort' nor is it near the beach. However, the pool area is pretty nice, there is a lot of stuff nearby (Walgreens, Publix, liquor stores, food, etc) and the hotel is in decent shape. Dinner service in the restaurant was lousy-inattentive, slow and nasty-however, breakfast service in the restaurant wasn't bad.

Hope that helps. (btw, depending on when you are going-someimes the Ren has good rates-AAA rate can be $116! may be better to pay for it than use points! jmho!)

Can anyone tell me if there are any Marriott hotels or affiliates in the 17th street vicinity or close to the cruiseport. We are booked at the Amerisuites soon to be Hyatt Place but we may want to use some Marriott points.

Thanks

XUSIGNMAN

We are using our marriott rewards for the Springhill Suites. They have airport shuttle and cruise pier shuttle.

The Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Beach will be opening in October as planned. It was formerly a Doubletree that they've gutted and rebranded as a Marriott Courtyard. They're right on track with the remodeling.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllco-courtyard-fort-lauderdale-beach/

The Marriott Beache Place is an exceptional Marriott Property in the heart of Ft Lauderdale Beach. It's a Vacation Club Resort, the rooms are larger then most Marriott Properties with full living rooms and kitchens in the Villas. I book it regularly for the Air Sea show in May when millions come to watch the show. The staff shines whether the property is at capacity or when it's half full. The villas will be renovated starting in April 2008 through September 2008. I wouldn't hesitate staying there. Plenty of nearby restaurants and bars.

The Harbor Beach Marriott Resort is a decent property. Packed every weekend when frequent travelers cash in their rewards points for a quick getaway. The onsite signature restaurant, 3030 Ocean is one of the finast resturants in Ft Lauderdale. The proerty can get busy, pools large enough to handle the crowds and the beach is footsteps away. No offsite restaurants or shops nearby, but for 50 cents there's the Sun Trolley.

The Rennaissance is nice as well, conveniantly located on SE 17th Street across from Extended Stay America and the Holiday Inn Express. Small pool but very conveniant location, easy walking distance to restaurants and shops. Favorite among bidders on Priceline as rooms have been won for under a $100 lately.

The Marriott Airport/Cruiseport is another option, away from it all but next to Bass Pro Shops and the delightful Islamorada Seafood Company Restaurant. Free transportation from the airport and to the cruiseport.

If your in the area stop by the property and have a look around. The Marriott project manager is very nice will gladly let you look around.

Like all new hotel openings, they'll have their shakedown period when they invite area travel agents, local rewards customers, as well as the locals to try it out for a night or two (at a substantially reduced rate). After the shakedown period they'll open it up to the central reservation system for everyone else.

Archived