Quick question about evening shows/dinner times - please help!

jimbug

I have a question regarding dinner times and the evening shows. Half of my family is interested in the 8pm dining, and the other half is interested in the 6:15pm. Since we want to all dine together, we're trying to decide which would work out best. I'm trying to convince everyone to move to 6:15 so that we're not going to the shows so late after dinner.

However, on my last Royal Caribbean cruise, *most* of the shows for the late dining were held before dinner, and the shows for the early dining were held after dinner.

Is it this way on Carnival, too? Or are both shows held post-dinner for both seatings?

Thanks in advance...also, it is the Liberty 8-day western if you need specifics.

In most cases there are 2 after dinner shows - one for early seating (around 8 pm) and another for late seating (around 10:30 pm). Although possibly on 1 or 2 nights this does change (especially when there may be a deck party scheduled at 10:30 for the evening entertainment). In cases such as this - late seating diners would go to a 7 pm show (before their seating) and early seating diners would go at their usual time after dinner!

Hope this helps!

Froufie

Thank you...looks like 6:15 it is (yay!). My grandmother will not be able to make a show at 10:30pm, so I think that late dining is far too late fo rher.

Of course it's a matter of preference, but we always do the late seating.

If you do the early seating then you are in a rush when you get back from your shore excursions. The late seating allows you to get ready at a leisurly pace. Even our kids don't mind eating a little later. There are many snacks you can have if you get hungry at 4 or 5 to hold you over until dinner time.

Normally, I am a fan of late dining. However, this is an 8-day cruise where only 3 of the 8 nights are port days. So, on 5 nights we'll be "at sea." Those will be the nights we will surely go to the dining room. If we are too tired after the 3 days of shore excursions, we'll just do room service or buffet.

Right now-- if you had early dinner you go to the late show.

Late dinner you go to the show BEFORE dinner.

The CD that is on there now is leaving in 5 weeks so that can change after a new CD takes his place.

I do know that the Newly wed game was done at night for our cruise- one at 7pm and again at 8:30

Archived