Long-wearing foundation?

TucsonDeb

I might make a slightly differnt suggestion.

Try a primer and a good setting powder - I recommend Laura Mercier for both. Stop by a Laura counter at the mall, have the rep apply the primer, your foundation and the setting powder. You won't be disappointed.

This is slightly off topic but I want to post it here just to see if anyone else has had my current experience. After being an Estee Lauder foundation devotee since high school, about 3 years ago I bought my first Bare Escentuals makeup kit (one of those on QVC on Sat. morning). I absolutely love this makeup and have worn it daily, generally purchasing at ULTA as needed. I have all the BE brushes which I wash every few weeks with Neutrogena.

In the last month, every time I apply the foundation my face starts itching within five minutes. I have not changed any other products or cleansers and my face does not itch without makeup or with liquid foundation. I am afraid that I am developing an allergy to BE (there is no rash or anything and the itching stops if I wash off the makeup) which just pi%%es me off because I really love it. I have never been allergic to anything before. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I also use Physician's Formula and just love it! I tried Bare Essentials and my face broke out terribly but tried PF and it works for me. I have been using it for about a year and I cannot tell you how many people have commented on my skin and how beautiful it is (I am 55, no spring chicken for sure and I can tell you that no one has commented on my skin in probably 20 years prior to this!) - I have had people ask if I had "face work" done - i.e, did I have a face lift? LOL! This is just great stuff! I get it all in a kit at BJ's for about $20 which is dirt cheap - it comes with the powder makeup, the bronzer, and the eye shadow (2 color) - and each kit lasts about a year. Give it a try - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Cheers! Cindie

Hi all , have been reading this thread and would like to try the Physicians Formula brand and checked the Ulta website and find a few items of PF on it , but don't find the kit as mentioned above there, what is BJ's , or has anyone seen this kit at another store ? Thanks so much

Cori

Kidznp: I'll throw in my 2 cents worth here...have you considered the fact that it could be your brushes which you said are washed in Neutrogena. That is a product which might be way too strong and perhaps you are not thoroughly rinsing the brushes and soap residue is causing the problem. There are cleansers specifically formulated to clean brushes which may not leave a residue. When I wash my brushes, I use Murphy's Oil Soap...it's a great cleaner to deal with the oils from the skin and it easily washes out.

I have used Jane Iredale products for over a year now and compared to BE (which I used for 8 years), the JI gives me better results. The BE seems to give a somewhat shinier look while the JI does not. The makeup stays on and if I sleep with it on, in the morning it looks just as great. This brand is also recommended by dermatologists, so it might be worth your while to try their line. It's a bit pricier than BE but I believe it's well worth it. I often buy it online from the Dermstore.com and they offer free shipping.

OK , I went out to Ulta and got the Physicians Formula mineral foundation and blush , I will post later after using it for a bit and let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the information from all of you.

Cori

JolieMadam,

Thanks for you input. The Neutrogena is the same bath gel (Rainbath) that I have used for showering for 15 years and it never makes me itchy. I always rinse the brushes very well and let them air dry.

I have not heard of the Jane Iredale line--will check it out. I have no complaints with the Estee Lauder stuff I still use--but it is much easier and less PITA to use the BE products for travel especially with the new Ziploc rule:rolleyes: .

Sorry, sort of off topic here, but for those of you who use the Jane Iredale products, do you order them on line? If so, how did you determine which colour to select? Can their colours be compared to BE? I'd like to give them a try, but cannot find a store up here (Ontario, Canada) that sells Iredale.

High C's: Sometimes I purchase the Jane Iredale products on line from Dermstore.com. There is no tax and the shipping is free. I have found the color swatches which are posted are very true to their shades. However, I do frequent a store in my local area which only carries organic products or those with no preservatives. I bought my first base in this shop but other products I use from JI, I will order on line. My preference in a base is the loose minerals although you can buy it in a pressed form if that's what you prefer. My dermatologist features JI and the shop where I get my facials also carries it.

Perhaps you can go online and look up Jane Iredale for your area. They are very helpful on the telephone also. I found a shade called Amber which matched the BE product I used to wear very closely. Hope this helps.

Hi all , have been reading this thread and would like to try the Physicians Formula brand and checked the Ulta website and find a few items of PF on it , but don't find the kit as mentioned above there, what is BJ's , or has anyone seen this kit at another store ? Thanks so much

Cori

What is BJ's? Is it online? Thanks

Archived