Taking food out of WJ and other dining areas

On the Vision last year, I would go get my wife breakfast and take it to the room. I did not make alot of friends with the rest of the men on the ship, when on the elevator the wifes would ask their husbands why they would not do that for them.

On the Sovereign last September, we filled a plate at the Chocolate buffet one night and took it back to our cabin, they even gave us plastic covers to go on them. Sometimes late at night, we would go get a few bites up in the Windjammer and take the tray back to our cabin.

For our afternoon snack, we'd always go to the WJ and fix a platter of cold cuts, cheese, veggies, salad dressing, crackers , bread and fruit to have on our balcony with drinks. Great for impromto cocktail parties during sailaways.

Stretch

Absolutely!

For our afternoon snack, we'd always go to the WJ and fix a platter of cold cuts, cheese, veggies, salad dressing, crackers , bread and fruit to have on our balcony with drinks. Great for impromto cocktail parties during sailaways.
Stretch - Just wanted you to know that I am not picking on you when I make the following comment. I just decided to use your quote to ask my question.

QUESTION: I have often wondered how people can eat cocktail snacks in their room, have afternoon snacks, eat the midnight buffets and the bed time mints before/after having had breakfast, lunch and the huge dinners. I am not downgrading those folks, but just don't understand where they put it! Yes, I am hungry before dinner, but if I ate those snacks, I would not be able to eat my late seating meal. I can't finish the meal as it is anyway and I am not a small person. We are thinking of getting a GS, that comes with fruit every evening. I cannot imagine eating that fruit before dinner. Again, I am just curious.:D

I've never had a problem on RCI taking food anywhere, but was reprimanded on Princess for having a plate with cheese and grapes in a show lounge (not the main theater). Keep in mind, this is the same lounge they had the welcome back party in and the same lounge in which they served much messier appetizers. I'd also think that a spilled drink would be more of a problem then a dropped grape or dropped piece of cheese.

Sea Island Lady,

Those of us who are or have been fat are envious with your ability to eat

rationally! If you could bottle your food orientation, you could cruise for life.

Meanwhile, I'll work off some calories schleping food from the WJ to my aft cabin come Dec. Will look for those plastic covers on Rhapsody.

CSW

Sea Island Lady, I'm with you. I'm a major food-a-holic and not even thinking about being skinny but I sometimes get mad that I just can't eat any more when there's so much I want to try. I usually eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and can't seem to stuff anything else down. Not even the bed time chocolates.

I was on a Princess cruise in May and was seated at dinner with a man who had eaten breakfast and then both lunch and dinner in both the main dining room and the Horizon Court (Princess's version of the Windjammer) My traveling companions and I just looked at each other in amazement. I can barely stuff down three meals a day and he was on his 5th! He was comparing the prime rib he had in the Horizon Court with what was served in the dining room. :eek:

Amy

I agree with you too Sea Island Lady. Just went on my first cruise, and never could I eat like many others do. Just don't have the room, so to eat that much would make me really uncomfortable. I ate one or 2 boxes of cereal for breakfast with skim milk, maybe a couple of slices of bacon. Skipped lunch on the non-excursion days as I just didn't get hungry on the beach, but I ate on the 2 catamaran excursions that we did - just a small amount though. Dinner- ate in the dining room every night - probably ate half of what I was served. I think I had a cookie from the Promanade cafe every other night. No alcohol (if my choice is food or alcohol - food always wins!) and no midnight buffets. So I completely understand your perspective!

Archived