Mini Suite vs Inside Cabin on PoH

Robbissimo

We have yet to book and our choices are limited, but the $2000 difference could be spent on excursions, etc.. (Oceanviews and Balcony rooms are sold-out.) We've cruised before and are not bothered by the inside cabin so normally wouldn't think twice about it, but our Hawaii visit is likely to only happen once for us. Soooo...

Cruise or no cruise? Should we just stay at a hotel/condo and save even more...

Or if we do take the cruise, inside or mini-suite?

Your opinions are appreciated.

We have yet to book and our choices are limited, but the $2000 difference could be spent on excursions, etc.. (Oceanviews and Balcony rooms are sold-out.) We've cruised before and are not bothered by the inside cabin so normally wouldn't think twice about it, but our Hawaii visit is likely to only happen once for us. Soooo...

Cruise or no cruise? Should we just stay at a hotel/condo and save even more...

Or if we do take the cruise, inside or mini-suite?

Your opinions are appreciated.

Well, I guess it comes down to how much time do you actually plan to be off the ship versus on your balcony and in your mini-suite. There aren't sea days like your typical cruise when NCLA does Hawaii, so if you plan to spend alot of time off the ship on the go, it would seem like a good idea to spend the $2000 off the ship on excursions and sightseeing. Now, if you truly want to just relax and enjoy the scenery from your balcony and spend a lot more time in your cabin, then by all means get the mini-suite. I'm an on-the-go type of person (scuba diver) so I try to reserve my expenditures for the excursions etc. I basically use the room as a place to sleep. But that's just me... it may not work for everyone.

As far as a condo, well, thats only one island, you don't get to see the others unless you pack up and go to the other islands which is a pain compared to the cruise. The cruise is like a moving hotel... you don't have to pack and unpack to go to another island.

There is NO way you can do a land based Hawaiian vacation for less than what you would pay for an inside cabin on NCLA. This a deal for sure!! And, of course, it includes all of that great food.

We have done the NCL interisland cruise about 6 times now (we live in Hawaii) and have always booked an inside cabin. We much prefer to be out of the cabin and up on deck. I am not sure even if we had a balcony that we would spend much time out there. The ports in Hawaii tend to be industrial and very busy with heavy machinery, etc. All of the cruising is done after dark...except for the scenic cruising along the Napali Coast of Kauai, which is done late afternoon. Have fun whatever you decide!!

Archived