Roll Call - RCCL - Jewel of the Seas - March 30, 2008 TransAtlantic

Atlanta07

thanks, Thats what I thought, and heard, but couldn't remember,

looking forward to trip and meeting everyone!

am disappointed in Ireland being canceled, but oh well, another time will go!

made final payment, now just working on a place in Amsterdam to stay.

thanks-- tom

Two Dads - Hey guys - we are staying 2 nights at the Hilton and the last night at the Intercontinental Hotel. Of course, I truly don't think you can go wrong with any hotel in Amsterdam - we were lucky enough to have Hotel points to get those for free. SEE YOU ALL ON BOARD SOON!

We are going on a short 3 days cruise in Feb on RCCL to Baja out of Long Beach. It will be good to see our old stomping ground.

TTYS.

hi TwoDad and Atlanta07: Like you guys I am disppointed that we are not stoping in Ireland. I have been looking for a tour to Canterbury out of Dover, as of yet have not found one yet. I have not looked at the ships tours yet, but I find its possible to normly get a tour on line cheper then on the ship. I have ask Ken and Pene to cheek also.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on the ship.

The curise line gets my airline tickets, and normally have to fly right in on the say day as the curise and right home after the cruise so will not get to see much of Amsterdam.

See you on the ship

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone - I was just wondering if you had looked at any shore excursions and which ones you booked or thinking about booking.... I haven't been to europe since I was a child and even if I had gone to these places - I wouldn't remember.

Let us know!!!

See you soon.

Hans and Brett:D

hi dale

guess Id better start looking for tours also, finaly got room all finalized, moved from window to balcony room from 3rd to 8th deck hope it was worth it. looking forward to meetting everybody too! tom & jon

Hans and Brett, and tom & jon: I have not been looking yet for tours, wanted to want until RCL had posted all of there. I have been to most of the ports before, all but Dover. I am looking for tours in and round Dover. Last time I was in Le Havre with my partner we rented a car and went to Monte San Micheal and had a great time and I think save some money. I think Ken and Pene are getting van in Zeebrugge you might ck with them and see if they have room. As for Azores, I think I will just stay in the town I have been there before, but if you have not been to the Azores before by all means take a tour. You can take one of the ships or rent a cab and see the Island that way, you can get some good deals with a cab is you know how to bargin a little.

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

Dale and Tom & Jon:

We have booked one tour thus far to Paris. We are debating on what to do in Dover, but will likely go to London eventhough much of the day will be spent commuting. We haven't decided what to do in the Azores but are not currently leaning towards a tour. As far as Brussels - we haven't picked out anything yet either. SO I guess this is a message of no news. At least this message board is a little more controlled - some of the conversations on the other board get a bit off topic.

I hope this finds you all doing well and we will see you in 46 days or so!

Tom and Jon - have you selected a hotel yet in FLL?

Hans and Brett

Hans and Brett: As of yet I have not set any tours for other then in Brussels. In Brussels I will be with Ken & Pene, they have got a van for a tour. I have looked at something to do in Dover, I do want to go to Canterberry maybe we can all get together and get a cab and see Dover and Canterberry. The last time when my partner and I were in La Havre we rented a can and went to seen the sites, it was great. As far as the Azores, not much to do unless you take a tour, but I think you can get a cab and get a great tour that way, I have been to the Azores many times so I think I will just stay in town and shop and eat. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

PS It looks like I will be traveling by myself, my friend can't go.

Dale

Dale and Tom & Jon:

We have booked one tour thus far to Paris. We are debating on what to do in Dover, but will likely go to London eventhough much of the day will be spent commuting. We haven't decided what to do in the Azores but are not currently leaning towards a tour. As far as Brussels - we haven't picked out anything yet either. SO I guess this is a message of no news. At least this message board is a little more controlled - some of the conversations on the other board get a bit off topic.

I hope this finds you all doing well and we will see you in 46 days or so!

Tom and Jon - have you selected a hotel yet in FLL?

Hans and Brett

havent gotten around to picking tours yet, guess better get on the ball.

been finding out on other cruises, that we have gone on, that the local tours are cheaper and better alot of the times, just have to make sure get back on time.

did you get paris tour with the cruise lines or private were open for sugestions

TwoDads:

We agree that a tour without the cruiseline is usually much cheaper but we did book the Paris Tour with RCCL. With the possible communication barrier along with the travel time to Paris, we just didn't want to go through the hassle of looking for something outside of the cruise line. I beleive we have also decided to book a Tour to london rather than staying close to Dover. Brett, nor I, have not been to London before and 4 hrs in the city isn't much but it is more than what we have now. We will likely play it low key in Brussels as we will be exhausted from Paris and then London. We are also thinking about going ahead and booking a tour in Amsterdamn when we arrive since we won't be able to check into our hotel until mid-day. We are leaving on a short 3 day next weekend out of Long Beach/LA. We have cruised this before and have usually had a good time. For the most part though we are doing the family thing. We gave both sets of parents the cruise for Christmas....it will be a good weekend.

Talk soon.

Hans

we think were going to do the tour with RCC for the same reasons to PARIS also, its our first time there, and want the tour with the 5 hours self tour, and dont want to get lost and stranded -lol have fun this weekend with parents, sounds like nice trip, we did similar last year with family too, and it was great.

Hi Guys: I have rented a car for Le Havre, and will be driveing to Horfleur with some friends and if we feel like it on to other sites like Bayeux and D-day landing Beachs. Last year my partner and I on a cruise in to Cherbourg did the rental car thing and drove to Mont St. Michel, it was a great and we had lots of fun and with a GPS it was not problem to get around the country side.

In Dover I am going to take a taxia to Canterbury and do the walking tour arond the city.

Looking forward to meeting all out you on the ship, see you all soon.

Dale

Hello all! ;) This weekend we made final selections on the tours. We definately wanted to see Paris and London as we have never been there before; The tours we selected are:

A Taste of Paris - LH05

Tower of London & Harrods Shopping - DV16

Bruges on your Own (Half-Day) - BU07

We wanted Bruges to be less intense as Paris and London are going to exhaust us! ;)

We are planning to just utilize taxis in Azores and regarding Amsterdam we are going to try to plan a tour the morning the ships arrive. This is idea is just so we aren't sitting at our hotel for hours waiting for our room. We figure we will try to do the Anne Frank House or something like that in the AM before the hotel. It appears that they may have tours available for those staying over - as of right now the only tours that show up are taking people to the airport afterwards.

That's about it. Have the short cruise leaving this weekend and then we'll be about 30 days out. It's about time!!!

TTYS!

Hans and Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Hans and Brett: I have been to the Azores many times, and you can get some good tours by useing a taxis, there is a lot to see. For my friend and myself we will most likely just stay in town and so some site seeing on foot, and sit at a side walk cafe and have coffee and do some people watching (mmmm the men in the Azores).

It will be just afer Easter and the city should be festooned in all its Easter best, and they normaly do a great job.

See you on the Ship

Dale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Twodads: I am not on the ship at this time but will be on Marcn 22 and will let you know what I find out. Look for me on line.

Dale

Dale, hows the ship? any word on number of children? on next cruise

Twodads: the ship is great having a great and this week we have 700 kids. but next week (30 March) they tell be that between the ages of 4 and 12 there are 12 kids makeing the trip. There are more but they are older.

I hope this helps and see you on the ship on sunday, Just look for the guy dress all in black and that will be me.

See you soon

Dale

thanks it puts her mind at ease and ours too, that our daughter and best friend will have others to mingle with. looking forward to meetting you, we are packed and ready to go! thanks so much--tom and jon

Archived