Teens 12-14 and C02 club Carnival

gojanie

Hey...can someone tell me more about the teen activities on Carnival? We'll be on the Pride Thanksgiving week. I've been on Pride and other crusies before, but have left kids at home. I have 2 girls 13 &15.... is the 13 year old going to wish she was with the older group? What kinds of things do they do during the day, how is the attendance in the Clubs??? Before 11 at the main disco, is it 12 and up that can attend? I know teens have fun on cruises, I'm just not sure what they are doing... well, besides probably looking for cute members of the opposite sex.

I am also looking for the same information. I have a 14 and 15 year old. We are going the first week in December, so I assume there will not be very many kids on board. I have read on some of the threads that Carnival in very strict about the younger (age 14) participating with the older (age 15). I'm wondering since there will no be many kids in either age group if they handle things differently?

our family went on themiracle in august and it was broken down from 12-14 and 15-17. My 15 year old didnt to too many activities, there werent that many kids that went to the activities. He met some girls and hung with them. my 13 yearold did a lot of the activities, but also, he found a group to hang with especially at night. hope this helps.

motherofthree

I am also looking for the same information. I have a 14 and 15 year old. We are going the first week in December, so I assume there will not be very many kids on board. I have read on some of the threads that Carnival in very strict about the younger (age 14) participating with the older (age 15). I'm wondering since there will no be many kids in either age group if they handle things differently?

Pretty much year round on Carnival there are kids onboard. We were on a Carnival cruise this past December and there were more than enough kids to run each age group.

Pretty much year round on Carnival there are kids onboard. We were on a Carnival cruise this past December and there were more than enough kids to run each age group.

Thank you so much for posting all the info crusinmama06 - my 13 year old swears he will have nothing to do with the organized activities after the Fantasy but it can't hurt to know what could be planned this xmas :D

last year on our cruise i was 13 and this year i will be 14 yes there is a strict rule that 14 to 12 can not be with the older kids 15 - 17. but there is so much for the 12 - 14 year olds to do that they would rather be in there. my sister is 16 and she wishes that she could be in the kids group because there is nothing that the older kids can do they basicly just sit there and do nothing. there is alot of times that the kids 12 - 14 will be with the kids 15 - 17. (for like clubs.) your teens ( as long as their 12 - 14) will have so much fun that you will barly see them.

Glad to see this topic discussed......I read all of the posts....and I guess I just want to make sure......

We are a group of 18 going on the Spirit, Jan. 1, 2008. Parents and kids......the youngest 2 girls are 14 and 15....all other 'kids' are 18+ to 25. Then of course, the 'young' parents are all 40 something (and then some)! :D

I know FOR SURE that DD15 and BFF14 will not want to be separated in different groups.......do they ever honor parent request for a 14yo to be with the 15yo in the O2 Club?

I would hate to see them miss the opportunity of the "club" experience. If they do......there's no doubt those two will find plenty of FUN and things to do with all the other activities offered. I just wanted a 'confirmation' from those cruisers who have experienced this similar situation.

TIA for your feedback,

Glad to see this topic discussed......I read all of the posts....and I guess I just want to make sure......

We are a group of 18 going on the Spirit, Jan. 1, 2008. Parents and kids......the youngest 2 girls are 14 and 15....all other 'kids' are 18+ to 25. Then of course, the 'young' parents are all 40 something (and then some)! :D

I know FOR SURE that DD15 and BFF14 will not want to be separated in different groups.......do they ever honor parent request for a 14yo to be with the 15yo in the O2 Club?

I would hate to see them miss the opportunity of the "club" experience. If they do......there's no doubt those two will find plenty of FUN and things to do with all the other activities offered. I just wanted a 'confirmation' from those cruisers who have experienced this similar situation.

TIA for your feedback,

From other posts I've read (including a Club O2 director), there are instances where (1) if there aren't a large number of kids sailing and (2) the 14 YO is close to 15 (e.g., within 3 months of turning 15 and/or already in high school and has a HS ID card), the Club O2 director may allow the 14 you into Club O2. It is completely within the director's discretion, though. If BFF is in high school, I'd recommend that she bring along her ID card - it could help!

My Step Daughter who was 13 brought a friend with who not yet 12 last year when we traveled on The Triumph..I was told that there would be no problem getting them in the club when we booked..But I found out that they were not going to let her until I spoke to the Director & emphasized that they were traveling together & We did not want them sepeated..They let them in & they had a blast..They both email some of te kids they had met..We did make a curfew you will find that with all of the activities & trying to get them up in the morning they can be cranky..Hopefully you will not be sitting near any of the kids during dinner because your won't want to eat & all they keep doing s checking when the other kids are leaving..

The year before she would not go to The Camp Carnival ..This is one reason we brought a friend with...Hope your childre have a great memory We know that Ours did...

"If BFF is in high school, I'd recommend that she bring along her ID card - it could help!"

Great idea, Kathy....about the student ID card......BFF14 is a freshman and DD15 is a sophomore at the same high school. My DD always brings her student ID card when we travel.......since it's her only picture ID (besides passport)..so we'll as BFF to do the same.

I'll just think good thoughts about this....have them bring their cards.......and I know things will turn out for the best!

Thanks again for all of the great feedback!

Cruising on New Year's Day 2008......what a great way to start the year!! I know it's a few months away....but these boards can sure get a person excited about it!! My DD said....."Oh here she goes again....Mom, everytime we take a cruise......you spend so much time on the computer before!!" :eek:

And my reply is......'And remember all the great information I always have about the 'little' details?!?'......power strip for curling iron, bottled water for the room, steak for dinner if kids don't want the "what the heck is this?" on the menu.....and a zillion more tips......THANK YOU all for sharing them! :D

THanks Cruisin Mama and everyone else for the replies.... this actually sounds great...I think the activities for the 13 year old will fit her perfectly as she loves competitions, as well as the thought of the dance club.

"Cruising on New Year's Day 2008......what a great way to start the year!! I know it's a few months away....but these boards can sure get a person excited about it!! My DD said....."Oh here she goes again....Mom, everytime we take a cruise......you spend so much time on the computer before!!" :eek:

I hear the same thing from my oldest son - drives him crazy!:D However, if I didn't spent time on the computer checking out shore excursions and left it up to DH, we'd be doing nothing but wandering around the dock in every port!

I hear the same thing from my oldest son - drives him crazy!:D However, if I didn't spent time on the computer checking out shore excursions and left it up to DH, we'd be doing nothing but wandering around the dock in every port!

Ditto for me! I am a compulsive planner - spend hours looking for all the things we might want to do. It actually allows me to relax on vacation - I know where we are going and don't spend hours walking around aimlessly. It is also a lot of fun for me. It helps me pass the time before our next vacation. My family thinks I'm crazy but has come to appreciate it. In fact, friends and neighbors now come to me for vacation advice!

Hey...can someone tell me more about the teen activities on Carnival? We'll be on the Pride Thanksgiving week. I've been on Pride and other crusies before, but have left kids at home. I have 2 girls 13 &15.... is the 13 year old going to wish she was with the older group? What kinds of things do they do during the day, how is the attendance in the Clubs??? Before 11 at the main disco, is it 12 and up that can attend? I know teens have fun on cruises, I'm just not sure what they are doing... well, besides probably looking for cute members of the opposite sex.

Hi there the kids program is wanderful for allages my sonis 14 and when we went in august for our first cruise we sailed on the 7th and went to st thomas , tortola, sanjuan purterico my kids had so much fun i never really seen them my daughter was 18 and my nephews were 17 they had a blast making new friends and hanging out in the club 02 and other area of the ship. your children will have a blat. believe i was worried at first and when we sailed everything fell into place my 11 yr old swam the whole time we were on the ship and i only saw her during special occasion like dinner and when she wanted to go to camp carnival at night to be with ehr freinds. we al had so much fun were going again in 2 yrs good luck and remember to have fun. even my husband had a blast he was actually in the legend show at the end of the cruise as elvis it was a blast .

When we were on the Legend in Aug, our two boys 14 and 15 came. We went to the O2 director and he said that the 14yr old had to go to Camp Carnival. The O2 director said that there were 150 kids in each age group (15-17 and 12-14). He said in the instances where the groups are extremely small, they would combine the groups...but that wasn't the case on our cruise. For the whole cruise, the two brothers were separate. They each met their own separate friends. Other than us eating together as a family each night (and going ashore), the brothers did not stay together. They really couldn't stay together if they wanted to participate in O2 and Camp carnival activities.

The 15 yr old said that O2 was a place where teens can go to hang out but other than some video games during the day, not much happened there other than people hanging out there...just because they can. At night the O2 director spins records and it becomes a teen club. It was marketed as "their place" where only teens can stay. The teens get O2 stickers put on their Sign and Sail cards.

I thought the 14 yr old would be bent about having to stay with 12yr olds, but he had a good time in Camp Carnival. As a matter of fact, it seemed like Camp Carnival had more activities and things to do than O2. O2 seems more like a just big room with video games during the day and music at night. I am probably understating what O2 offers. The O2 director is doing the best he can and offers plenty programs.

Two of the 3 cruises the kids have been on had hundreds of kids on them. In November we went on a cruise (Crown Princess) that had a TOTAL of 15 teens. They still made friends and had a good time REGARDLESS of the ships programs. After a while they meet friends and roam the ship, eating all day.

Hi, cruise-teen's mom here. One year, our eldest was the "odd man out" meaning her younger sister and friend were in another age group. Since we cruise in Sept = less kids, they let her "crossover" to the younger age group. The problem was, since she was "older", they kept preventing her from doing the actvities with the younger group AND since she was registered in the younger group, she couldn't do the activities with the kids her own age. I forget when this was, just a few years ago, I think (would've made them 12 & 10). She was upset that she didn't belong in either group! So, be sure that if you have your child "crossover" to another age group, they will let them participate fully.

Sol y mar

• 2 months later...

Archived