Sea Lion encounter in PV

Musky Ike

I was at Las Caletas when they did the tour. What they do is bring a Sea Lion in on a little boat and it swims around you for a little bit,doing tricks and then they take it home. If that's what you're looking for then go for it, otherwise it's just as good to watch from the beach or a hammock they have swinging from the trees.

Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

We booked Las Caletas Sea Lion adventure in December. I didn't expect the sea lion(s) to be wild. I doubt that kissing humans is a common behavior for sea lions in he wild. I know some will disagree, but in my mind there is a difference between captive and abused. If I sense abuse is involved, I will lodge a complaint with the cruise line.

I could recommend the Dolphin Swim in Puerto Vallarta, the one at Vallarta Adventures. It was awesome and worth every penny. We've also been to Stingray City and thought the dolphin swim came in a close second. You also get to kiss a sea lion when you book the dolphin swim although we were in the water for an hour with two dolphins to only 7 people. It was great.

We did both the Royal dolphin swim and sea lion encounter at the Sea Life Park in PV I haven't seen anything about a wild sea lion encounter in PV.

The Dolphin swim was far better than the sea lion encounter. With the dolphins you were right in the water with them. You get to pat them, shake fins, hang onto two dolpin fins while they take you for a ride and also two dolphins push you along the water by your feet. The sea lion encounter is just patting them, getting a few kisses and feeding them some fish and learning information about the sea lions.

You don't need to do this through the ship we just got a taxi outside of Walmart for $12 and $15 return they ring a taxi for you.

Archived