What is too earlly/too late to payoff Cruise??

Dremac373

Serene let me apologize if my last post made it seem as if that you made the rules, I completely understood that it was just your opinion, and I do get emails on the regular from RCCI offering great specials ...and a price reduction to me is a sale...Brochure shows one rate I go online and check availability and make my deposit with my TA and a month later the priced dropped or went up....I am just saying that its nor fair if I was quick enough or patient enough to get my cruise at a reduced rate since thats what the cruise line had offered and then can be in the "Up Grade Pool" :p

Oh and I know first hand that one cant take everything thats read on CC at face value ;)

Dremac, you understood right. We of course had passed the final payment stage. What I was saying was that I would wait until the last minute to pay--just in case. We were in a situation we no control over so was just thankful we had bought the insurance. It was with 3 weeks so the insurance only paid a portion and the cruise line refunded the other portion. It was just too much hassle to argue with the credit card co. Just sucked it up and used it. I later saw on these boards that someone booked the cabin. Boy, did the cruie line make money. One half of our fare and then sold the cabin to someone else for full fare.

I have seen plenty of threads where cruisers have great tips on how to save and payoff their cruises. I have read threads where cruisers have booked as close to 6 months from departure to as far out as almost 2 years. What I want to know is what's the earliest or latest you have paidoff your cruise and what are the benefits and downfalls if any???

I always have our TA pay just before the final date. She is always ontime with reminding us of the date due and getting it in with a little breathing room.

Archived